You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old February 15th, 2022, 03:35 PM   #31
Steve Bailey
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quote:
I think you meant 'Rung 0'
I stand corrected.
Old February 16th, 2022, 10:34 AM   #32
Nova5
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedurr View Post
I WANT A TUTOR. STOP SAYING I AM TRYING TO CHEAT. NONE OF YOU HAVE CALLED THE NUMBER. NONE OF YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I NEED UNTIL YOU CALL THE NUMBER. SO STOP GENERALIZING AND MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. PLEASE CALL IF YOU CAN HELP.

<snip>

Currently all I do is go to school because I gave up on finding a job right now to focus on catching up. MY SCHEDULE IS COMPLETELY FREE OTHER THAN SCHOOL SO I AM FLEXIBLE. I go to night school 5:30-10:30 pm central time mom-thurs
Look.. our time is valuable. You're lucky to find ones as low as $100 an hour, $40 is insulting. Billable rates for independent contractors 50%+ higher. Assess are worked off to get projects done on time, what little free time we have is precious. You have been asked to do some things, so far it sounds like you've done squat but cry. ENOUGH. Grow up child and check your tantrum. Do what has been asked. It will help you more than you know, pay attention to the videos and what Ron explains. Those that made it work are the smart ones. They probably figured out what was wrong and got it going.

There is no degree for what we do.. its usually just one or two classes wrapped inside some engineering degree. And if this is challenging or befuddling you, you need to step back and chill out. You are making this harder on yourself than it needs to be, what is in your class is easy as can be..

The most basic thing to understand is.. is it 1 or 0. Thats it. Everything boils down to 1 or 0. Even the numerical comparisons eventually boil down to 1 or 0. The only thing that doesn't is analog for sensor readings or valve positions/motor speeds, and that's still very easy to work with.

Look up the various elements. Read the descriptions and information on them, the ways they work. Learn how the three common timers TON, TOF, RTO work, the bits in them act differently when in their various states. Read up on OTE, OTL, OTU. XIC and XIO are very simple.
Old October 2nd, 2022, 07:00 PM   #33
Eddy D
United States

So did OP ever find a tutor?
Old October 2nd, 2022, 07:20 PM   #34
Rob...
Lifetime Supporting Member
United Kingdom

I offered to take a look at what it was he was struggling with and I would help.

He said he would call, an never did. So I presume he got it figured out.