Swp instruction equivalant

I've been using SWPB for a long time.
As far as I can remember, it does the same thing as SWP did, except it has some more options for swapping bytes in DINTs.

I just did a little more digging and it looks like the SWP can swap an entire string.
In Studio 5000, SWPB can only be used INTs and DINTs one at a time..

You can copy (COP) the string to a DINT or INT, then use the SWPB, then COP back to the string. There may be a better way but I know this works.

Similar Topics

As per manual i was tested with PLC on below program. But not any changes using swap instruction. plz help
Replies
Views
Hello Sorry if this is not a really smart question but how do you use the SWP (swap )instruction in a Micrologix 1100 processor? I have got a...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to dig to the source of a minor "recoverable" system fault throwing a fault light on a machine that has been confusing my operator...
Replies
Views
I'm using a SLC typed write from the ControlLogix5572 to the MicroLogix 1400, with path: 2, (MicroLogix IP). The ControlLogix equipment has a...
Replies
Views
Does this instruction calculate values during a single scan, or does it require number of scans based on element count in the array? For Example...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom