S7-313 migrate to TIA, lost comments

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey,
Plan on migration of a S7-313 from Step-7 5.6 to TIA 15.1
It has a MP377 12"Touch HMI and they are very expensive to replace, over 12,000 USD. A TP1500 is 25% of that.

Instead of doing only the HMI, we are going to migrate the entire project. I have done the migration in TIA, but I lost all my comments. The symbols migrated, no issue. Both old and new projects have English as primary language.

Is there anyway to export from old to new?

That's really weird; I've never seen comments disappear before, but maybe I just wasn't paying attention?

It could be they are set to different versions of English (english-US vs en-UK), or something like that. I've had things show up a few times with UK english, which threw me for a loop.

It will be the language setting. You can copy/paste the entries in one language to another.

TTx.jpg

Last edited: