Micrologix retinative data lost

I had this problem this morning and check here to see what the 5h answer was.
I checked the ground and all looked good.Each time I reset fault it would go to program mode but fault when switched to run. I tried to download program and same thing although I did not have original only copy I had just saved after clearing fault. I tried an alternate power source and disconnected the outputs.
This 1000 only has a few 120 ac inputs from switches and 2 ac outputs to indicator lights, it was an OEM upgrade to replace a Dynapro screen talking to
Gidding-Lewis Pic-90
Long story short I tried loading a program from another 1000 in and all was fine. I cut and pasted to SLC library the tiny ladder logic and then opened up RS500- NEW- PUT IN A 1000 SLAVE -Pasted from library to ladder and downloaded and its fine. I do a compare of the program that won't go and the new one I created and they are the same except for the name and check sum?