help me please!, I want to decrease string

G
I have got a problem with my program about memory of PLC. I am using a MicroLogix 1500 LRP Serie C. I wanted to decrease string in my program. I told detail to you ;
My program wanted to receive value hex to string. Each of hex value, I wanted to arrange to channel, each one must be arrange to string thus I used ACN (String Concatenate) function of PLC to join and stored it to string other. Do you have method decrease string not concatenate ?
So, I am unable download software to PLC, because I found indicating Program error ERROR: The program has exceeded the memory limit of 4K user data words. My question is, is there a way to decrease string to well-fitting.
Finally, I attach file my program to you.
Please, I wanted suggestion to work and you have any more suggestion please tell me. Thanks in advance.

1st of all, how many strings do you have defined? Maybe it's not string
allocation that's eating up all of your memory.

Anyway, right click on the string file and select properties. You should
then be able to enter the number of string elements you want.

No you can not allocate a partial string element. You can reduce the
number of strings defined (see above).

Good Luck,

(8{)} ( .)

(yosi)

Without seeing your program, it's hard for us to offer suggestions. String is extremely memory intensive. I runned out of memory on a SLC 5/05 32K once because I added one 100 element ... On a Micrologic?! i won't even use string on it.

there is no "special" way to do it, just go through your memory map and consolidate stuff then resize data file accordingly.

harryting, "runned"? C'mon.

Back to the subject...
If you know how to access memory and if you know how to use Logical AND, OR, NOT, etc., you can manipulate strings in any manner you can think of.

You can parse strings, reverse strings, count actual string length,... all kinds of things.

I don't think I would be too far off to say that 90% of typical users of PLCs (those PLCs with typical mid-to-high capabilities) don't realize that, in most respects, a PLC is the same as a PC. One way or another, you can do with a PLC the same things that can be done with a PC.

Historically, PLC speed fell far behind, very far behind, typical PC speed. However, that is changing. PLCs are now getting to be 1000's of times faster than they used to be. They're still behind PCs, but they are getting better (pretty soon, your PC is gonna be the PLC!). This is good... very good.

Certain other PLC wannabe's are finally coming around and letting the user have the real compute power to do what needs to be done.

At any rate, with the new speeds being made available, and the hugely increased memories, there should be very little excuse for not doing what has to be done in order to get the job done... unless, maybe, the total scope of this Automation stuff is just a bit beyond one's grasp.