Studio 5k security and tracking

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello. Is it possible to create security with my current project in Studio5k that will require a password to edit the code but allow someone to go online with the processor to troubleshoot and force bits as needed? I have password protected the entire project before but not selective, like this would be.

Also, is there a utility or something that I could use that would show me all the changes that were made to my project that would have some sort of an indication as to who (or from what computer) those changes were made? We have a few "cowboys" that know enough to be dangerous that are making changes to code and not telling anyone, and it's costing me a lot of down time. Right now I have to run the project compare utility and sift through my lines of code to see what changes were made....very time consuming.

Thank you

Use Factory Talk Security for your security needs as it's already baked into all major Rockwell software packages for the past 5-7 years.

For version control, you can use Rockwell Asset Centre or a third party product like MDT software or version dog.

Use Factory Talk Security for your security needs as it's already baked into all major Rockwell software packages for the past 5-7 years.

For version control, you can use Rockwell Asset Centre or a third party product like MDT software or version dog.

Not familiar with FT security, I will have to check it out. Thank you.

I have installed it for many customers both with and without Asset Centre and all have been impressed with the feature set and not having to shell out any additional Rockwell Dollars.

FT Security is setup via the FT Directory, and works on all machines in the Directory. I am not sure it would prevent someone from using a stand alone laptop to access restricted areas.
I have implemented it for one client that also uses RFID readers for access, they liked it. But they had a dedicated Engineering Station that was part of the FT directory.

Hello. Is it possible to create security with my current project in Studio5k that will require a password to edit the code but allow someone to go online with the processor to troubleshoot and force bits as needed? I have password protected the entire project before but not selective, like this would be.

Also, is there a utility or something that I could use that would show me all the changes that were made to my project that would have some sort of an indication as to who (or from what computer) those changes were made? We have a few "cowboys" that know enough to be dangerous that are making changes to code and not telling anyone, and it's costing me a lot of down time. Right now I have to run the project compare utility and sift through my lines of code to see what changes were made....very time consuming.

Thank you

Search Source Protection.

You can lock the code, but make it viewable.