Studio 5000 Unlatch bit to confirm reading from HMI

Letone

Hi guys, I have a question regarding studio 5000 with processor 1769-L33ER V33.011 and Factorytalk View SE V12.

I have an home-made pop-up display for motor control (start/stop, man/auto, etc) linked with my L33ER program. The pop-up control in the PLC is a user-made AOI. Recently, I added stats about number of Start and Hour of Running for the motor with a Reset Button to reset stats to 0.

In FTV SE, the button for reset is a Button with Action : Run command : &[PLC]#1.RESET_STATS = 1

I used this button to be able to use the property Confirmation and E-Signature settings.

In Studio 5000, in my AOI (ladder logic), when RESET_STATS = 1 (XIC) it activate (RES) HR_COUNT and (RES) START_COUNT and unlatch (U) RESET_STATS (to confirm reading and set to 0 the tag wich was set to 1 in FTV).

The thing is, the tag RESET_STATS stay at 1, The unlatch don't seems to work. This method worked in RS500, but don't seems to work in Logix Designer. I tried with the Button set to 1 then 0, it worked, but I can't use the property Confirmation.

Does anyone know why this method was working in RS500 and not in Logix Designer ? Is there an alternative to set to 0 the tag that FTV had set to 1 ?

Thanks !

No idea how the RS500 method works out, but you can latch your bit in order to reset whatever you want and after that is done, then you can turn that bit off.
You can use a timer or use latch and unlatch on the same rung.

We can close this tread, found the problem.

RESET_STATS was configured as INPUT in the AOI, setting it to INOUT solved to problem. Thanks to both of you for your response.