You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old July 19th, 2018, 02:20 PM   #1
Tmilleratmetro
United States

Panelview 800 INT to Floating point

Hello All,

Panelview 800 and Micro1400.

Getting Numeric entry to read an INT from PLC, but display as Floating point.

EX. INT in PLC N7:20 == 85

I'd like Panelview800 to read that value as 8.5. If user changes value to 8.7, INT in PLC should read 87.

I can't seem to get the HMI to do this. I've got my num entry properties set to 1 decimal position, tag is configured as 16 bit int. Numeric field width is 4, as largest value I want to see is 999, or 99.9 on PV800.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thank you!
Old July 19th, 2018, 02:48 PM   #2
Tmilleratmetro
United States

Wanted to add that I can get the value to display instead of 50 as 5.0 using tag scaling in Panelview800. However, if I type 5.4, it rounds it back down to 5. If I type 5.6, it rounds up to 6.

The PLC sees this as 50 and 60. I want to to see 54 and 56, respectively. How do I stop this rounding?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tagSetup.JPG (15.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Properties.JPG (55.2 KB, 10 views)
Old July 19th, 2018, 04:58 PM   #3
JZerb
United States

You could always use a floating point number in the PLC, tie that to a tag on the Panelview 800 so it displays properly then in the PLC just convert that floating point number into an integer. At least that’s what I have in my head.
Old July 20th, 2018, 02:05 AM   #4
janner_10
Supporting Member
United Kingdom

As above, just do it in the PLC. Much easier.
Old July 20th, 2018, 05:30 AM   #5
Aardwizz
United Kingdom

I've gotten rusty on my PanelView software, and I've learned so many HMI packages over the years that I get confused over which software has which feature.

It's not clear as to whether you are trying do this in the tag database or on a direct link on the graphic. But I believe that you can edit you link to be something like:

( [PLCtopic]::N7:20 ) /10.0

doing the math in the link itself. I also have a memory fragment that says that sometimes putting in '10.0' instead of '10' helps the software know that the result will be a real, which it wouldn't expect considering that the source is an integer. Not sure which package that memory is from, just remember that it worked somewhere in my career.

Tag databases (not necessarily in PV) sometimes have the ability to scale PLC values, back when PLCs did everything in 8-bit math, and the HMI handled the engineering unit translation.

I think I've been doing this stuff for too long....

HTH
Old July 20th, 2018, 03:39 PM   #6
Tmilleratmetro
United States

Hello All,

Thanks for the replies.

To clarify, I am trying to get this done in the HMI itself.

I do not have access the the PLC program.

What I do have, is a N7:20 variable that represents a tank level, changing from 0 to 346. This number actually equates to 0 to 34.6. I need my panelview 800 to show this.

My tag configuration was posted above, so you can see the scaling in there. The panelview is taking the number and scaling it down correctly. If the value in the n register is 150, the panelview shows 15. However, if the n register is equal to 154, instead of showing 15.4, the panelview shows 15. The panelview is rounding the value down if below .5, and up if above .5. A PLC value of 156 displays as 16 on the panelview 800.

Since posting, I've contacted AB tech support for assistance, and they are currently investigating.
Old July 20th, 2018, 04:00 PM   #7
JZerb
United States

Try and change the tag that you have in CCW that is attached to N7:20 to REAL instead of 16 Bit Unsigned Integer.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum