Processor fault

gmultani52

Hi

we are having slc 5/5 in our plant due to some trouble production line stoped. plc processor indicate fault. we donot having processor key. can we rest by power off/on of processor.

Thanks

Only minor faults like math overflow errors can be cleared with the keyswitch. A power cycle will clear major and minor faults, but generally the controller will recover from a fault by going to Program Mode.

Major hardware faults will recur after power cycle, so you might need to diagnose this controller with RSLogix 500.

To switch from Program to RUN modes, you need either RSLogix 500 software or a key.

These keys are not complicated; you could probably use a bent paperclip to rotate the switch.

I just checked my desk at home; two SLC keys in there, one on the keyring, another in my computer bag. These are also the keys used on the ControlLogix. I'll bet your local A-B dealer would give you one for free.

Last edited: