Stand Alone SCADA by FactoryTalk View

AdvancedHMI and the Stand-Alone driver are completely different products.

AdvancedHMI is a complete package with a range of communication drivers and a multitude of components that work with the drivers without the need to write any code.

The stand-alone driver is ONLY a single communication driver used when writing your own code.

The drivers integrated into AdvancedHMI will also allow you to write VB or C# code to access data in a PLC. The MAJOR difference is the license model. AdvancedHMI is based on a GPL model which basically means you must pass the full project source onto the end user and are also required to maintain all original components in the project. While the stand-alone driver can be used in closed source applications that do not require you to pass your project source to the end user.
Tnx Archie
As I understood, in GPL model, I should give the end user all the source file including all visual studio solution and codes? It is not possible to only give them an EXE file? Am I right?

Tnx Archie
As I understood, in GPL model, I should give the end user all the source file including all visual studio solution and codes? It is not possible to only give them an EXE file? Am I right?
The AdvancedHMI license requires the full source to be passed to the end user. You can think of it as the equivalent of the user uploading the program from a PanelView or Red Lion, then being able to edit it.

If you need a proprietary solution, then AdvancedHMI is not the right software. This is where the stand-alone driver comes in. But of course you will be required to write code for everything.

I got it. Tnx
Though I work for an integrator company and they have most of the licensed software, I need some thing to work with in my personal home lab to test my codes and ideas. I can't afford getting the license of those expensive software and they are gonna cost me an arm an a leg.

Appreciate for any suggestion.

Ignition is nice because you don't need a license to develop. There is an unlimited two hour demo mode. You can develop all you want, then runtime for two hours. After two hours, you can reset and go for another two hours, as many times as you want.

I recommend downloading and trying it out.

Ignition is nice because you don't need a license to develop. There is an unlimited two hour demo mode. You can develop all you want, then runtime for two hours. After two hours, you can reset and go for another two hours, as many times as you want.

I recommend downloading and trying it out.
I used to use Ignition educational version but after 6 months it expired. Could you do me a favor and tell me how I can reset the program?

I used to use Ignition educational version but after 6 months it expired. Could you do me a favor and tell me how I can reset the program?

I don't know about your educational version. Just register and download the latest.

https://inductiveautomation.com/

After you get it installed and running, go to the gateway webpage to reset the trial timer every two hours to keep it working.