Install FTView-ME

endangs

Dear All, I have problem with our VersaView CE 1000H (Cat. 6189-RPRH) with Windows-CE 4.10 that previously installed with FTView ME Station Ver. 3.20, unfortunately the application was lost by accident (uninstalled) and we don't have any backup of the FTView Installation package.
Question: How can i get the FTView ME Station 3.20 installation software? and How to install it ?
Regards,
Endang S.

endangs said:
...VersaView CE 1000H (Cat. 6189-RPRH)...

6189-RPRH is just the catalog number for the Logic Module and not the assembled catalog number for the entire VersaView CE terminal.

An example assembled catalog number for a 1000H would look more like...6182H-10TRH4D, and is usually on a Green sticker to the left of the Logic Module sticker, which is White...

VersaView%20CE%201000H%20Computer.jpg

The above assembled catalog would be broken down as follows...

6182H-10TRH4D:

6182H = VersaView CE terminal
10 = 1000 Model - 10 inch Display
T = Touch Display
RH = 128MB FLASH/128MB RAM
4 = Ethernet & RS-232 Ports
D = 24VDC Power Supply

It's never any harm to also provide the Series (SER) and Revision (REV) that's to the right of the assembled catalog number (highlighted Red). Also note how the assembled Series and Revision can be quite different to the Logic Module Series and Revision.

Anyway, that's enough about the hardware. Now for the software...

endangs said:
...unfortunately the application was lost by accident (uninstalled) and we don't have any backup of the FTView Installation package...

I assume that there was an RSView Machine Edition "Station" application running on this VersaView CE terminal? Even if you can procure a copy of RSView ME software, and install it, it will not restore the original ME Station application that was running on the VersaView terminal. If you do not have a copy of the ME application still on the terminal, or backed up somewhere, then reinstalling RSView ME may be the least of your worries.

However, to get the software...

If you have a valid Serial Number and or Product Key for the original RSView Machine Edition v3.20 software then you should be entitled to a copy from Rockwell Automation. However, you cannot download v3.20 from the Product Compatibility & Download Center, as the oldest they have listed as available is v4.00. Whether v4.00 will suit your needs instead, or not, I am not sure. RSView ME v4.00 is also the oldest I have on disc here. You can also contact your local RA distributor to request older software, but again, you'll need the Serial Number minimum.

But, if you are saying that you do not have the original installation files for RSView ME, then it's most likely that you do not have the original software carton with the Serial Number and Product Key. Is that correct?

Regards,
George

Last edited:
6189-RPRH is just the catalog number for the Logic Module and not the assembled catalog number for the entire VersaView CE terminal.

An example assembled catalog number for a 1000H would look more like...6182H-10TRH4D, and is usually on a Green sticker to the left of the Logic Module sticker, which is White...

VersaView%20CE%201000H%20Computer.jpg

The above assembled catalog would be broken down as follows...

6182H-10TRH4D:

6182H = VersaView CE terminal
10 = 1000 Model - 10 inch Display
T = Touch Display
RH = 128MB FLASH/128MB RAM
4 = Ethernet & RS-232 Ports
D = 24VDC Power Supply

It's never any harm to also provide the Series (SER) and Revision (REV) that's to the right of the assembled catalog number (highlighted Red). Also note how the assembled Series and Revision can be quite different to the Logic Module Series and Revision.

Anyway, that's enough about the hardware. Now for the software...

I assume that there was an RSView Machine Edition "Station" application running on this VersaView CE terminal? Even if you can procure a copy of RSView ME software, and install it, it will not restore the original ME Station application that was running on the VersaView terminal. If you do not have a copy of the ME application still on the terminal, or backed up somewhere, then reinstalling RSView ME may be the least of your worries.

However, to get the software...

If you have a valid Serial Number and or Product Key for the original RSView Machine Edition v3.20 software then you should be entitled to a copy from Rockwell Automation. However, you cannot download v3.20 from the Product Compatibility & Download Center, as the oldest they have listed as available is v4.00. Whether v4.00 will suit your needs instead, or not, I am not sure. RSView ME v4.00 is also the oldest I have on disc here. You can also contact your local RA distributor to request older software, but again, you'll need the Serial Number minimum.

But, if you are saying that you do not have the original installation files for RSView ME, then it's most likely that you do not have the original software carton with the Serial Number and Product Key. Is that correct?

Regards,
George

Thanks Mr. George for reply the answer.

We have another problem. We've got FTView ME 3.2 installer but when I try install on Versaview CE it's not installed corectly because the installer only works in desktop computer not a machine edition.

Do you know how to install the FTView ME 3.2 to Versaview CE using connection from desktop computer?

Regards,
Mitsupuri Arif