Schneider M221 Modbus RTU

Jonnie_R

Whilst I'm waiting for the PLC to turn up next week, I thought I'd see if anyone here can answer the question/confirm my thoughts.

I am connecting to the M221 using a Weintek screen, and in the data types available it doesn't list MF(memory float), only MW(memory word) or MD(memory double).

Has anyone read a 32 bit float from an M221 directly, or do you have to read individual words and then assemble them as 32 bit registers, or can it be read in as a MD?

It doesn't matter too much as I can convert the float to a double on the PLC to get an integer, and then divide it back again in a macro on my screen, just thinking of ways to make my life a little less complicated.

Whilst I'm waiting for the PLC to turn up next week, I thought I'd see if anyone here can answer the question/confirm my thoughts.

I am connecting to the M221 using a Weintek screen, and in the data types available it doesn't list MF(memory float), only MW(memory word) or MD(memory double).

Has anyone read a 32 bit float from an M221 directly, or do you have to read individual words and then assemble them as 32 bit registers, or can it be read in as a MD?

It doesn't matter too much as I can convert the float to a double on the PLC to get an integer, and then divide it back again in a macro on my screen, just thinking of ways to make my life a little less complicated.

Maybe you should use %MW and select data format to 32-bit Float to display in floating point.

M221_Weintek_01.jpg

That's what I was asking. If it works great, I know how to set data formats on the Weintek, but as it doesn't explicitly list %MF, only %MW and %MD I wasn't sure it would work.

That's what I was asking. If it works great, I know how to set data formats on the Weintek, but as it doesn't explicitly list %MF, only %MW and %MD I wasn't sure it would work.

I think it should work. Data in schneider PLC are in modbus address %M and %MW. %MF0 are means data from %MW0 and %MW1 in 32 bit float format when you use HMI to communicate with PLC if you use 32 bit float format in %MW0 when you write data it should be written in %MW0 anr %MW1 (%MF0).