Wonderware / SQL Reporting Server

I I L

Any Wonderware muscle heads in the crowd?

I had a question regarding SQL Server 2005 software, that is just one of the 12 or so disks in the Wonderware package. From what I can tell, in order to set up automated reports, Wonderware supplies an "Active Factory" package. This package requires the SQL 2005 Reporting Server. When I attempt to install the SQL '05 Server disk, the Reporting Server option is grayed out. If this disk is the standard edition of SQL, is it possible that this license does not include the reporting server? If so... what are my options?

Thanks for your time!

I used Active Factory a few years back but this was with INSQL. I think Wonderware now call it INSQL Historian. INSQL sits on top of the Microsofts SQL and is more efficient at compressing data. The Active factory can be set up on any PC that has access to the Server. Windows Server is required to run these.

Archie, you're right.. I needed to install ASP.NET and IIS first, otherwise SQL '05 won't let you install the Report Server. It was kind of a hassle to uninstall SQL in order to do this, but in the end it worked out. Thanks!