You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Unread July 17th, 2019, 05:55 AM   #1
EICS
Australia

Citect SCADA - Questions

I have been tasked with a lot of cicode, i'm an electrician so its not my strong point but i am coping.

anyway my questions are simple for someone with experience.

Q1

i just need to know the correct syntax for passing a substitution string to a super genie, i am getting association errors.

i want to pass the string sFiberiser(variable) to the super genie in place of "'D2 Fiberiser 4'" the code works as i do get D2 Fiberiser 4 displayed on the super genie,its just not a variable

FUNCTION
Oldest_Spinner(STRING sTagbase)

INT bOldSpin; ! Check on commissioning
STRING sFiberiser = sTagbase; ! sTagbase is Passed from another function

AssWin("!DevFibSpinAge",250,300,8+64+128+256+1024, sTagBase+"_SPIN_HRS", sTagBase+"_SPIN_ID", "'D2 Fiberiser 4'",
"bOldSpin", sTagBase+"", sTagBase+"", sTagBase+"", sTagBase+"");

WinTitle("D1 Spinner Excessive Hours !");

END

Q2

With the following Function i am trying to totalisea flow rateof molten glass.

the Real World tag "FH_Z302_PVM" from instrumentation is the Pull Rate (The flow rate) of the glass in kG/Min typically 10.0kg per minute.

so i run a continuous task every minute via "while True do" function and before it loops i use "Sleep(60)" pause for 60 seconds.

if the boolen tag bD1Fib1Prod = 1 it is to start totalising (in production) this works well

my question is does this concept look right?

FUNCTION
Spinner_Pull_Rate()

// Start Values of D1 Pull rates
REAL D1_1GlassPull_Str;

// Average Values of D1 Pull rates
REAL D1_1GlassPull_Avg;
;

// Totalised Values of D1 & D2 Pull rates
REAL D1_1GlassPull_Tot;

// Booleen tags for Position "Production Status"
INT bD1Fib1Prod ! D1 Fiberiser 1 is in Production

WHILE True DO ! Continuous Loop (every 60 Seconds)

! *********** D1 Positions in Production ************************************************** ********

! if Cullet Chute Out AND Spinner Running AND Glass > 900 THEN D1Fib1 is in production.
IF CW_D1F1CH_OUT = 1 AND FM_D1FIB1_RUN = 1 AND FH_Z302_PV > 900 THEN bD1Fib1Prod = 1;
ELSE
bD1Fib1Prod = 0;
END;

! *********** D1 Production Glass Totalising ************************************************** ********

! D1Fib1 is in Production - Totalise the Spinner Pull
IF bD1Fib1Prod = 1 THEN

D1_1GlassPull_Avg = ((D1_1GlassPull_Str + FH_Z302_PVM) / 2); ! Average the pull over 1 Minute (the pull at start of minute + Pull at End of minute / 2)
D1_1GlassPull_Tot = (D1_1GlassPull_Tot + D1_1GlassPull_Avg); ! totalise by adding the last value with new value "every minute"

END ! IF Statement end

Sleep(60); ! Run Every 60 Seconds

FM_D1FIB1_SPIN_TONNES = (D1_1GlassPull_Tot / 1000); ! Convert kG to Tonnes

! *********** Capture the "Start of Minute" Values of all Positions ************************************************** ********

D1_1GlassPull_Str = FH_Z302_PVM; ! D1 # 1 Glass Pull Rate Instantaneous Value (Start of Minute Value)

END ! WHILE True DO end

END
Unread July 17th, 2019, 09:27 AM   #2
andrewf
Australia

Q1, you want to pass the value and not the tag name so you would do this.

AssWin("!DevFibSpinAge",250,300,8+64+128+256+1024, sTagBase+"_SPIN_HRS", sTagBase+"_SPIN_ID", "'" + sFiberiser + "'","bOldSpin");

Q2, Your bD1Fib1Prod flag is not really useful and just double handling. I would just delete it and replace it with your calc like below. Also the value of D1_1GlassPull_Tot will retain last value when condition is not true (not in production).

Code:
	IF CW_D1F1CH_OUT = 1 AND FM_D1FIB1_RUN = 1 AND FH_Z302_PV > 900 THEN 
		D1_1GlassPull_Avg = ((D1_1GlassPull_Str + FH_Z302_PVM) / 2); ! Average the pull over 1 Minute (the pull at start of minute + Pull at End of minute / 2)
		D1_1GlassPull_Tot = (D1_1GlassPull_Tot + D1_1GlassPull_Avg); ! totalise by adding the last value with new value "every minute"
	END;
With this calc after the sleep, would you not want to do this straight away and have it before the sleep function?
FM_D1FIB1_SPIN_TONNES = (D1_1GlassPull_Tot / 1000);
Unread July 17th, 2019, 04:43 PM   #3
EICS
Australia

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your reply i tried the syntax "'" + sFiberiser + "'" and its exactly what i wanted. i spent way too long on this simple task yesterday, many thanks.

much appreciated. will work on your suggestion to question 2 today
Unread July 17th, 2019, 09:57 PM   #4
Wasan
Thailand

For Q2 if you need to totalize some tag maybe you should use Accumulator function in SCADA.
For more detail check link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGPHeVQJhY&t=22s

My Blog: https://scadaskill.blogspot.com/

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/scadaskill

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/scadaskill
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum