You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 7th, 2021, 08:59 PM   #1
neilfl
United States

Studio 5000 Lite

I put together a system a couple of years ago with a L306ERM with I-O, PanelView, etc and I was sold Studio 5000 Lite to program it. It worked out ok on that project but now I have a project that I need to use a Powerflex 525 VFD and the software won't let me add the Powerflex. I've tried several different PFs and none can be added. It crashes at the Create button and puts out the wonderfully descriptive message of "Unknown Error" Email AB support. As of 4-1-21, AB doesn't take emails for Powerflex drives. Anyone know if the Lite version of Studio 5000 will work with a Powerflex 525?
Thanks you for looking.
Cicero - 55 BC
Old April 8th, 2021, 12:50 AM   #2
PreLC
United States

It should work, do you have the PF525 add-on profile from AB, Try that?

Studio crashes are usually not license linked, and happen due to installation/compatibility issues.
Old April 8th, 2021, 12:47 PM   #3
mylespetro
Supporting Member
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreLC View Post
It should work, do you have the PF525 add-on profile from AB, Try that?

Studio crashes are usually not license linked, and happen due to installation/compatibility issues.

Yeah it's usually my experience that extra options/features that you don't have access to are usually gone altogether or greyed out. I've experienced that with different programming languages in Logix (FBD, ST etc).
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum