TIA PORTAL - PROFIBUS device

Ingis

Hi,

I'm rather new to siemens. I have a project were the plc needs to be upgraded, new code, ... The existing hardware needs to be reused.

There are some profibus components and one is giving me a bit of a headache.
I can only find some basic information in an german manual (not my mother language)

- profibusadresse : 26
- all parameters 16 bit words
- data protocol DIN 3946R
- parity even
- baurate 9600

is it possible to add a generic component were you can configure some parameters that will allow me to talk to that component?

best regards,
Wesley

Are the components in the existing system a secret ?

I think that possibly the 3964R protocol is via a serial interface, not Profibus. Maybe there is a serial CP in a rack connected via Profibus.
Maybe ... not easy to know by guessing.

Please state all the components of the old PLC.
And a link to the magpuls of magplus device ?
Google shows no hits for neither "magpuls 1000/10/100 UP" nor "magplus 1000/10/100 UP"

its a pretty obscure device. I made some progress.

I was able to get a GSD

pb.png

I added the component to my network. I get the addresses of the 12 words that are used to steer the component.

And now I'm stuck again. How do I send or read my 'telegrams' to the device? I need to compose a word and send it to the address? How do I do that?

Do I need to make a variable linked with that adres and copy/move the word to it?

best regards,
Wesley

I cant help you when you don't answer my questions.

Its a magpuls 1000/10/100 UP current pulse generator made by the company magpuls . its a german small brand of generators.

The only thing change on the plc rack is the CPU. It was a S7-300 CPU315-2 DP. This was replaces with a CPU 1513-1 PN and a CP 1542-5.

The old program was in step7 and now we are switching to TIA portal 16.

the current status is that I was able to add the device with the GDS to my PD network. I know I have some words that will allow me to receive the status and send some comments. From the screenshot I believe I have the addresses that are used in the plc to store those? I think I now only need to figure it out to fill the correct word with the correct data to communicate.

the current status is that I was able to add the device with the GDS to my PD network. I know I have some words that will allow me to receive the status and send some comments. From the screenshot I believe I have the addresses that are used in the plc to store those? I think I now only need to figure it out to fill the correct word with the correct data to communicate.

Do you have access to the old project? Is the device in the old project a GSD with I/O addresses like you have now?
If so, just copy the code and adjust the addresses. If not, post the code that communicates wit the device.