3-Phase power monitor recommendations

ebalarde

I'm looking for recommendations on 3-phase power monitors with Modbus TCP protocol.

I've been using a Socomec Diris A10 to monitor 3-phase power feeds to some of my equipment, but unfortunately it only supports Modbus RTU so I need to add a Modbus RTU to TCP adapter whereever I use those. That adds unnecessary complexity.
I also use a SEL849 motor protection relay with Modbus TCP where I need the added functionality that it offers, but it's a bit overkill for just monitoring power.

What I'd really like is something with the simplicity and lower cost of the A10, but with Modbus TCP.
My use case is 480 Volts AC or less. For current, I use appropriately sized CTs (x:5 ratio).

I've looked around and haven't found anything that jumps out as being a better solution than what I already have, so I'd greatly appreciate any insight from this community.

I use an EL3443 in one of our machines. Works great with a bunch of data to monitor and use within the PLC program. Fast update interval every 16.6mS for 60Hz mains. This is just one of several different power monitoring terminals from Beckhoff.

TwinCAT Modbus TCP

I'm looking for recommendations on 3-phase power monitors with Modbus TCP protocol.

I've been using a Socomec Diris A10 to monitor 3-phase power feeds to some of my equipment, but unfortunately it only supports Modbus RTU so I need to add a Modbus RTU to TCP adapter whereever I use those. That adds unnecessary complexity.
I also use a SEL849 motor protection relay with Modbus TCP where I need the added functionality that it offers, but it's a bit overkill for just monitoring power.

What I'd really like is something with the simplicity and lower cost of the A10, but with Modbus TCP.
My use case is 480 Volts AC or less. For current, I use appropriately sized CTs (x:5 ratio).

I've looked around and haven't found anything that jumps out as being a better solution than what I already have, so I'd greatly appreciate any insight from this community.

The Janitza is a good shout, personally i would go with Schneider, the cheapest with Ethernet is the PM5320

The Janitza is a good shout, personally i would go with Schneider, the cheapest with Ethernet is the PM5320
I had problem with that series of Schneider power meters and Modbus TCP, so we ended changing it with other producer. After change we got information that the problem was that it does not support Modbus command 23, but I never checked it personally.
I use Janitza (reliable and basic models have good price), and I also use IMEI Italy (excellent value per money), Mitsubishi (when I need advanced measuring, class 0.1 and high speed communication/refresh rate, this is by far cheapest solution, but entry models are somewhat pricy).

Schneider price seems about £554 ex-vat. Janitza is £302 ex-vat

We used to use Janitza, did a massive project with the high end PQM's and 96RM's, never had as many DOA or early fail devices in one project, we had to update the firmware 3 times in the space of a month, however as usual YMMV.

I had problem with that series of Schneider power meters and Modbus TCP, so we ended changing it with other producer. After change we got information that the problem was that it does not support Modbus command 23, but I never checked it personally.
I use Janitza (reliable and basic models have good price), and I also use IMEI Italy (excellent value per money), Mitsubishi (when I need advanced measuring, class 0.1 and high speed communication/refresh rate, this is by far cheapest solution, but entry models are somewhat pricy).

We don't use many PM53xx but we use thousands of PM51xx and PM55xx and never had a major issue with them.

Not sure why you would need FC23 to be honest?

I've installed several 512's, 604, 96RM, never a DOA, the only thing that irked me was between some of the 512's they updated the firmware which broke my code in SCADA as they changed the CRC. You can't flash back to an earlier version, had to modify the SCADA code.

I used a PM5561 for a project and it would jumble registers returned, I was asking for 5 registers and Hz would become Amps etc... like it was shifting the registers internally.

We don't use many PM53xx but we use thousands of PM51xx and PM55xx and never had a major issue with them.

Not sure why you would need FC23 to be honest?

I've used a lot of PM7xx and PM8xx and I was very satisfied. 10 years ago SE products were one of my most preferred products. Now SE products are to me one of least preferred products. Instead of investing money in quality it seems to me that they are investing in cutting costs in every field except marketing and lobbying.

FC23 is very handy instruction, but that is not only reason. Other reason is that when you are using the Master that supports FC23 and you have different Slaves on network it is very complicated to put that one in network, especially when other company is responsible for that HMI/SCADA that is Master.

Also I expected that new product from SE (which is owner of Modicon) supports all comands of MODBUS (MODicon BUS).:confused: