You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 16th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #1
echos
Canada

Wonderware Historian Logging.

Hi Guys,

I have two questions:

My client is using Wonderware Historian and is logging tags in two ways, through InTouch (in the SMC), and through the IDE.

My first question is when i log a tag through the IDE, how do i set the EU and Raw values, i know i can set the trend Hi value but not the EU and raw values.

My second question, i tried to log a tag (that was already being logged in InTouch), in the IDE to compare the values.

The InTouch tag is good in historian with a quality of 192, but the IDE logged tag is showing a quality of 44, pipe reconnect, i looked to see what this means and got:

"First value received after start up or pipe reconnect. MDAS sends Quality Detail 44 for slow changing tags after fail-over".

Does this mean that my tag is good, it is just slow polling? The same tag shows quality of 192 for the InTouch way.

Thanks for your help

Eric C.
Old November 19th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #2
RheinhardtP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Australia

1. You can set the EU and the object parameters within the IDE inside the obejct attributes. So you will need to find the object within the Galaxy. Then you can look under the tag attributes.

2. Not to sure on this one. Has your value changed since you got the pipe reconnect quality or is the same value over the period?

Hop this helps

Rheinhardt

― Albert Einstein
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #3
jeff s
United States

will need to redeploy object after changes are made
Old November 19th, 2012, 11:58 PM   #4
jeff s
United States

You can watch the objects your working on with the object viewer and also create watch windows for items you might want to check on every once in awhile
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum