B&R Power Panel 4PP420.1043-75

suleman_mani

Dear All,
I m new to the forum, just need help regarding B&R power panel 4PP420.1043-75, the plc connected with PP is system 2003. I have the original project which was supplied with Machine, and it was changed as per requirements, now i have to get the complete program uploaded, from target PLC to my laptop, but im unable to do so.
The last thing which i did was connected with PLC on Serial com3 and upload hardware but the program which shows on monitor window is not upload may be its a build file or complete project i didnt now B&R Plc's or AS.

Kindly advice if i can backup this project.

Regard

Malik

B&R does not download the source to the PLC by default, so what you see on the PLC in monitor mode are compiled binary files. They may have downloaded the source to the CF card as well, which you would upload differently depending on what version of Automation Studio you have. What version do you have (4.0 Service Pack 6 is the latest)? In AS 4.0, you simply choose Open Project from Target... in the File menu to upload the source, this is probably the same in AS3.X, but in AS2.X the source was manually saved to the user partition of the CF card and you'll need to FTP into the system, connect to the F:\, and see if the source files are there.

It's not really clear what you are trying to do. System 2003 (which came out in 1995) is obsolete and has been for several years. The PP420, which is a PLC and HMI combination is a new product line and the PLC in it is MANY times faster than the fastest System 2003 PLC. I assume you are replacing the System 2003 with the PP420, but you made it sound like you were just going to use the PP420 as an HMI, which is silly, it's like buying a new car to tow your old car around.

Dear CapinWinky,

thanks for your time, we have P420 HMI on Furnace panel, connected for PLC EX484 with A/D modules, i want to change some offsets in program for thermocouple, but for that i have to upload program what they have changed and transfer in past. If i made changes in orignial program n transfer i m sure i will loose the data manipulation few months before. I am using AS2.7,

I have just uploaded the hardware but the files on monitor window says 'only on target', so i want to upload all files to or may be copy.

With AS 2.7, there was no way to automatically store the source code on the PLC. You had to zip up the project and send it to the CF card manually. You can see if they did this by using an FTP program and using the login 'br' and password 'br'. You then need to change from the default C:\ partition to the F:\ partition. Not all FTP clients let you do that, I like Core FTP Light.

Regardless of if the source is on the CF card or not, you can create a backup of the CF card using the PVI Tools (also called runtime utility center) under the Tools menu in AS. All you need is a card reader and it will create an image file you can restore later.

The files you are seeing in monitor mode are binary files, not the source code. You can right click them and choose to upload them from the target to add them as binaries to your new project, but you won't be able to edit them. You really need to track down the source code from when they made the changes.

Regardless of if the source is on the CF card or not, you can create a backup of the CF card using the PVI Tools (also called runtime utility center) under the Tools menu in AS. All you need is a card reader and it will create an image file you can restore later.

are you saying that i need a new card to put the image file on to it for backup use in future

i'll do as u said and get back to as soon as possible...... thanks a lot

No, you can pull the CF card out, put it in a card reader and save an image of it to your computer. That way, no matter what happens, you have a backup. This will not save the values in memory, but there is a process you can use in PVI to save all of those as well. I don't know how to do it, but I know it is part of the ability of PVI transfer tool

B&R Power Panel 4PP420.0517-75 Basic

Hey folks,
I have recently installed Automation Studio 4.0 and I need to learn it soon.
Actually I need to Interface it with B&R Power Panel. Can anyone please guide me where to start.

I have to get the the program from the Power Panel , so that I can see whats already programmed and then make changes in it.

Your help will be appreciated.

If the source code is stored on your panel, you upload it by connecting to it with Automation Studio (Online -> Settings -> Browse Button), and then opening it from the target (File -> Open Project from Target...). If it is not stored on your panel, then you will need to ask for it from whoever programmed the panel.

As far as learning it, the start page has a "Getting Started" section and the help files are excellent (better than any other platform I've ever seen). At one point there were help videos built into the start page, but I don't see them anymore.

B&R Power Panel 4PP420.0571-75 Basic

Thank you Capin,
But Since I am new to power-panel too. How could I know if the code is stored in the panel or not?

And also what I would be needing to get the code from Power Panel else than Automation Studio Software.

The only way to know if the code is on the panel's CF card is to try to upload it. If the code was archived to the panel with Automation Studio, then the only thing you need to upload it is Automation Studio and an ethernet cable.

Before Automation Studio 3.X, there was no easy way to archive the code, so sometimes it would be manually archived to the CF card. In this case, you would need to FTP into the panel and check the F:\ partition for the code. This was a very rare practice and would not be the case if the program was written in Automation Studio 3.X or above.

Thank you Capin.
well I have ordered CF Card reader to see if there is code in the CF card of PowerPanel. But I am afraid during the process I may corrupt the original code,
What Steps should I follow in order to avoid any mishandling of the source file?

doubt by LED 4PP420.1043-75

Dear All,
I m new to the forum, just need help regarding B&R power panel 4PP420.1043-75, the plc connected with PP is system 2003. I have the original project which was supplied with Machine, and it was changed as per requirements, now i have to get the complete program uploaded, from target PLC to my laptop, but im unable to do so.
The last thing which i did was connected with PLC on Serial com3 and upload hardware but the program which shows on monitor window is not upload may be its a build file or complete project i didnt now B&R Plc's or AS.

Kindly advice if i can backup this project.

Regard

Malik

Please help me, I repair power panel 400, tha fail is touch panel, Touchscreen not working and on mainboard led red flashing, its es normal? this led under the power source, close push bottom reset source voltage.

thank you.