B&R Power Panel 4PP420 & X20 Issue

Stubborn Mech

Hello All,

My first post here, I am trying to solve an issue with a B&R Power Panel at work.

To save everyone's time explaining to the uneducated here is a bit about myself.

My background in brief is mechanical but I spent many years in field service so I had to pick up basic electrical skills. I can do basic mods and put a few rungs in a PLC ladder(Omron). I have a minimal understanding of networking, addressing and communication protocols.

I am questioning information being provided by the OEM to their agent here as the agent has not been told about Automation Studio or using a VNC connection (something I had to find out myself and tell them)

In brief my problem is this. We have a machine (meat slicer) with a B&R 4PP420 control and X20 i/o system. There was potentially a mains AC short into an input card on the rack. Now the Power Panel will only boot to a certain stage and then go into an OEM home screen. The X20 rack shows an error on one output card and if I swap it with an adjacent identical card both cards then show an error, they are the last two cards on the RHS of the rack.

If I remember correctly I have read somewhere that the Power Panel will halt the boot process if there is an i/o fault (optional setting parameter). Can anyone confirm if this is correct before I potentially waste time explaining my issues with trying to connect to the control to fault find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, even a reference to a page I should be looking at before posting again.

Thank you.

That is correct.... every module has an option (Module supervised On/Off, if it's set to ON, the panel will halt boot in service mode....) "If I remember correctly I have read somewhere that the Power Panel will halt the boot process if there is an i/o fault (optional setting parameter). Can anyone confirm if this is correct before I potentially waste time explaining my issues with trying to connect to the control to fault find."