Can't add or config new modules with RSLogix 5000

While we're grasping at straws; you mentioned that you created a new project with a different processor and it worked.

Have you tried creating a new project with the *same* processor, just to see if that works? Or does not work?

Yes I tried that also. I think I tried everything I could. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my Studio/RSlogix 5000 and deleted the modules profiles and downloaded every single one to install.. Stil haveing the same error come up.

Ive been at it all day; I'm throwing in the towel. I will contact TechConnect manana.

this is probably (almost assuredly) a wild goose chase - but why not post some of the ACD files that you've been having trouble with? ...

maybe if some of us try working with them, then something useful MIGHT pop up ...

Quick update for anyone that may be interested..
I thought maybe I had a corrupt file so I uninstalled EVERYTHING related to 5000. Re installed v16 to v26 and everything was acting real strange!! I was unaware of v20.03.00 not being compatible with v20.01.01 projects… and somehow I still had a corrupt file and was now getting module profile error on everything I tried to do.
I gave in and called tech support and the gentleman their remote into my computer and resolved my issues.

1) Exported all module profiles (I think?) from the registry editor.
2) Uninstalled all module profiles.
3) Deleted all module profile related .dll files
4) Installed module profiles
5) Imported registration entries back into the registry editor

It doesn't sound too complicated but once he started getting into the registry editor I was lost. But everything is running great now and I’m able to add modules to my new projects with no errors popping up!

creating a new module

I had a similar problem, but was getting no errors. My problem was solved when I right clicked on the "Ethernet" device instead of the "1769 Bus" device.