Compact logic 16#0203 Fault

Nandraj

Dear all ,
Please I need your urgent help that I am suffering from this connection error fault since days ,i have produced consumed tags with 2 processors one control logic and another compactlogix Sometimes communication between them is ok and times Connection error fault came
I have changed Ethernet cable between them I have changed switch i have upgraded ethercard version from 4 to 5 my both CPU running on ver 19 also I changed CPU of cpu compact logic still problem is there
Need to help please

You seem to have checked everything I would check.

Is this a random occurrence ?

Could it be that another device is joining the network, and your switch or router is giving it an IP address that conflicts ?

Check the IPs of every device that will access this network. You might need to limit the range of DHCP outside your plant network, so this does not happen.

Is this a new issue, for example it’s been running fine for 5 years and now this has started?

Check the maximum number of connections from the web diagnostics.

Dear all ,
Please I need your urgent help that I am suffering from this connection error fault since days ,i have produced consumed tags with 2 processors one control logic and another compactlogix Sometimes communication between them is ok and times Connection error fault came
I have changed Ethernet cable between them I have changed switch i have upgraded ethercard version from 4 to 5 my both CPU running on ver 19 also I changed CPU of cpu compact logic still problem is there
Need to help please

Where are you seeing this error exactly? What "ethercard" part number are you using? Based on technote ID: BF21498, the problem may be with the ENBT module. Without more information, it's hard to say what's wrong as that is a generic fault and I've seen it in multiple cases.

An issue I have seen is caused by a single I/O connection - i.e. one module or produced/consumed tag) being set too fast RPI. You can go as low as 0.2 mS, but doing so seriously attacks programming software (RSLinx) access. Seen it happen, been there, done that....

Dear all ,
Thanks for your help , it’s running since 5 years now it connection timeout started
Also today at again upgrade the ENBT module from version 4.1 to 5.1 but still problem is there
Also I have questions How many CPU that we can Add in IO tree configuration for control logic cpu I have currently 6 cpu assessing and sharing data to control logic CPU through produced and consumed tags ?
Also I did unicasting of produced and consumed tags after I did this it runs fine for 10 days but again stated the same

Dear all ,
Thanks for your help , it’s running since 5 years now it connection timeout started
Also today at again upgrade the ENBT module from version 4.1 to 5.1 but still problem is there
Also I have questions How many CPU that we can Add in IO tree configuration for control logic cpu I have currently 6 cpu assessing and sharing data to control logic CPU through produced and consumed tags ?
Also I did unicasting of produced and consumed tags after I did this it runs fine for 10 days but again stated the same

Can you try the following: In the I/O configuration of the consumer, when you add the producer ENBT, you must make sure the Comm Format or Rack Connection equals "None" and not "Rack Optimization"?

Also, to your initial point. You've mentioned that the system "runs for 10 days" and then you see the fault. Have you been able to "fix" the fault in any way or is it now staying for good? Is there anything abnormal in the system when this occurs? Do you have a managed switch through which you could check the status of the port? I'm very curious about the inconsistent nature of this fault. If the system runs for 10 days without the comm fault, something must be going on in your network (in my opinion).

Dear sir
Before I did unicasting to produced and consume tags after that it runs fine for 10 days but after that same fault start coming and it's coming in only one PLC

Dear sir
Before I did unicasting to produced and consume tags after that it runs fine for 10 days but after that same fault start coming and it's coming in only one PLC

This all points to an overload of the CIP messaging through the ENBT.

Do you have a SCADA or HMI attached to the system ?

How many Produced/Consumed tags are you using ?

What size are they ?

Check the "connections" data on the ENBT diagnostics (web page).

Are you near the limit of 128 I/O connections ? (Produced/Consumed tags take 1 I/O connection each).

Are you near the limit of 128 Message connections ?

Do you have Messages that are "continuous" (i.e. re-triggering immediately off their .DN bits) ? Introduce a timer to trigger them less frequently.

Are your messages cached ? You could try turning off the "Cache Connection" option.

If all else fails, you could try replacing the ENBT with an EN2T, which doubles the connection limits.