ABTCP and NET-ENI

adam_mccardle

I was wondering if anyone has successfully been able to communicate with an AB PLC through a NET-ENI with the IO Server ABTCP to Intouch. I can do it with RSLinx but before I go out and get Linx Pro or OEM I wanted to know if it can be done with ABTCP.

Thanks!

Most drivers won't talk to the net-eni because it is DF1 converted to ethernet not the standard AB ethernet protocol. I have used them with Citect and I had to use the OPC connection in RSLinx and it works great.

Not Sure

Not sure if you would want to do that because, all the NET-ENI does is give an interface to the DF1 devices.
AB says that this gives increased speed and TCP connectivity, but the speed at the DF1 end of NET-ENI is still 19.2/38.4 kbps and it wouldnt matter if you have a high baud rate of 10-100 mbps on the Ethernet side.
I'd like to think that NET-ENI would be good enough only for collecting data and not for controlling!!!!

(Please ignore if you know this already. I hadn't realised it when I went for it, hence the thought of updating this on the forum!!!)

Yes it can be done with ASABTCP it is fully documented in the ASABTCP help files. I am using version 2.2a It works fine once you get the IP addressing formatted correctly! The speed limit of the DF1 protocol does make it slower than direct ethernet connections to SLC and PLC.

the format for Delphi is :

Asabtcp1.NodeAddress := '192.168.1.1 ,,,ENI:'

(This the automated solutions OCX module ASABTCP! I misread your post. )

Last edited: