wonderware profibus

teh

Supporting Member
can wonderware communicate with siemens s7 profibus via CP5611

and softnet?

Any additional software require?

Regards

Hi teh.

If I understand correctly from previous threads, then Intouch (Wonderware) uses the socalled SAPI-S7 interface to communicate with S7.
This means that it can communicate with any communication hardware and protocol supported by Simatic Net.
So the answer is "yes".

The alternative method is to use OPC in stead of SAPI-S7. That still means that Simatic Net / CP5611 / Profibus is OK.
But if I remember correctly (from other posts) Intouch does not work so good with OPC.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Got a client who has requested a SCADA system for downtime tracking and so on. Right now, they want to implement it as a standalone...
Replies
Views
i'm trying to connect my siemens step 7 to Wonderware. I have installed Softing S7/S5 OPC Server and Installed FS Gateway from Wonderware to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Does anyone have a tutorial of how to establish communication of a Wonderware running on a PC to a S7300 PLC using Profibus?, I already...
Replies
Views
Any wonderware and profibus guys out there. I need to update the GSD file of a running profibus without reloading all variables. Wonderware 7...
Replies
Views
I am trying to update the profibus GSD file on my system. Wonderware is controlling the profibus configuration. I have updated the profibus...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom