Wonderware HMI of S7300PLC via Profibus

juanmdx

Hello,

Does anyone have a tutorial of how to establish communication of a Wonderware running on a PC to a S7300 PLC using Profibus?, I already have the CP5611 CP card and the PC has the Simatic Step 7 software (I don't know if I need the Simatic Net), but I don't know how to configure everything, so a tutorial would be great.

This is because an integrator did the communication some time ago, but it stoped working, and then someone try to "fix it", so know I don't know if the configuration is OK, so I would like to start it up from zero.

Thanks and best regards

The PC where the wonderware is running has simatic, and under that simatic there is an OPC configuration, there it has a MPI and a Profibus but neither of them are working...

I currently have a setup simmilar to this with a Siemens 317-2 USING wonderware. What is your link to the simatic Software? You would need some way to communicate with the simatic server via OPC client.

Wonderware is only DDE and Suitelink.

OPCLink or FS Gateway Wonderware Products are used to Communicate.

Actually I don't know, does that mean I need to buy the OPCLink Product, or is it a configuration I need to make using the WindowMaker?

You will need a OPC Server---

You can get this by using Simatic net or by using other S7 OPC Venders. Right know i'm trying out the softing S7/S5 Server and it connected pretty easy. If you want to Try it; they will give you a free 30 day full access trial with the Software. you would have to call them to get it.

First Need OPC Server
2ND OPC Client - DDE/Suitlink compatible.

OK, I'll look for the Simatic Net and maybe some manuals and I'll try to solve it, if not, I'll be bothering you guys again...

Thanks