CAPS programming software

I have OMRON PLC's C200HX and C200HS and would like to backup the software.
I have tried this with Syswin 3.4 and CX pogrammer software , but in both cases I have problems when I verify the program (Invalid Mnemonics).(In the Ladderdiagram the failing rungs are RED)
The PLC's have been programmed with CAPs software.

Does anyone have or know where I can find the CAPs software?
Or know how to backup the PLC programs in this case?
best Regards,
Peter

Seppoalanen,

Do you meen the regional settings on my laptop ?

They are English(united states)
number :Decimal symbol "."
Digit grouping symbol ","
List seperator ","

Whenever you get a copy of the CAPS software, you will have to use the "Optimize code" option on the main menu. That will make it compatible with any Omron software.

I have the software. I use caps every day. Mike Morgan wrote the software and has long since retired, health reasons i believe. If you had the software it would be useless to you. It is made to run with a key. No key, no work. I have only one key and have tried several times to obtain another, without success.
I also use CX Programmer. I have found no problems with backing up Caps programs with CX, except the comments do not translate well. Its actually easier to retype them.

David Reitz said:
If you had the software it would be useless to you. It is made to run with a key. No key, no work.

Or so us CAPS users have always believed, until Jay posted THIS. I haven't tried it yet, but if it works, us dongle owners can finally breath a sigh of relief. IOW, we won't have to guard that dongle with our life anymore!... :D

Nice to see CAPS is still being used... Mike will be happy! I spoke with him via e-mail a few years back, but have not heard from him since.

beerchug

-Eric

peter op t veld said:
Seppoalanen,

Do you meen the regional settings on my laptop ?

They are English(united states)
number :Decimal symbol "."

Yes, that is wat I mean. I don't know last version of CX-programmer, but earlyer happends as follows.

I had copy of CS1 file and in PLC was file who was done with US-settings. My laptop was with European (Finnish) settings. CX-programmers gets country settings from Windows and made floatnumbers with ',' and in PLC they was with ".". After editing some float commands, they did not worked correctly anymore. PLC toke only Integer part from Float so 2,5*3,5 gives 6, not 8,75.
After hat I changed country settings to US and just downloading programs again and everything works well.

Hi All I know that this thread is as old as CAPS was when it was started but i'm desperate.

We have a few OMRON C20's kicking around that were programmed in CAPS and the programmer had his laptop stolen.

We have had a failure and I need CAPS to load the program back on, I have been searching the Net, I even asked all of the OMRON guys at their Australian HQ who all knew off the program but had no idea how to get it.

If anyone can help I would truly appreciate it.

I have OMRON PLC's C200HX and C200HS and would like to backup the software.
I have tried this with Syswin 3.4 and CX pogrammer software , but in both cases I have problems when I verify the program (Invalid Mnemonics).(In the Ladderdiagram the failing rungs are RED)
The PLC's have been programmed with CAPs software.

Does anyone have or know where I can find the CAPs software?
Or know how to backup the PLC programs in this case?
best Regards,
Peter
Hello Peter, are you still needing the CAPS software program?