Analog way to closed contact after a certain number of counts

BrockSamson

I have a machine that cycles for about 15 seconds on and 5 seconds off continuously, the timing is controlled by cams. I want to add something that will use a pneumatic solenoid valve. I need this solenoid valve to only turn on after x many cycles. For example, on the fifth cycle of the machine, the solenoid valve will open for a few seconds.

Now the machine does not have any type of controller. I have a relay that only switches on while the machine is on during its cycle.

I know this would be simple using some type of programmable controller but its overkill.

I need a simple, cheap analog solution. Do they make any type of simple devices close contacts on a certain count and then reset. I searched for counters but Google has not helped me.

Thanks guys looks like that should work. It is a bit pricey but it might have to do.

Edit: Now that i know what i am looking for i found some cheaper ones.

Last edited: