You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 8th, 2019, 01:43 PM   #1
Ozpeter
United States

ABB Panel Builder 600 Software Download?

Hi all,
Is it possible to download the ABB Panel Builder 600 design software anywhere for free (but legal)?

I am working on a job for which the customer has previously used ABB displays but is now switching to Proface. They helpfully gave us PDF of 40 screen captures from Panel Builder and a colleague is supposed to magically discern the functionality when replicating it in Proface. Being able to open the screens in their native designer would be a huge help.
Old January 9th, 2019, 12:19 AM   #2
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Allen-Bradley PanelBuilder32 is obsolete and no longer for sale, but it's not freeware. Your best source is generally your local A-B distributor.

If you post the *.PBA files here (zip them first) other members who do work on those old terminals might be able to make a project report and print it to PDF for you.
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:06 AM   #3
Ozpeter
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Allen-Bradley PanelBuilder32 is obsolete and no longer for sale, but it's not freeware. Your best source is generally your local A-B distributor.

If you post the *.PBA files here (zip them first) other members who do work on those old terminals might be able to make a project report and print it to PDF for you.
Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? ABB vs A-B?
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:46 AM   #4
MikeyN
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Ozpeter, I thought you were looking for PanelBuilder32 as well. It looks like you can find Panel Builder 600 is built into the ABB Automation Suite. I found a download with a free 30 day trial here, https://new.abb.com/plc/control-panels/cp600/software that has a download link on it. I don't know if that is helpful to you or not.
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:56 AM   #5
Ozpeter
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyN View Post
Ozpeter, I thought you were looking for PanelBuilder32 as well. It looks like you can find Panel Builder 600 is built into the ABB Automation Suite. I found a download with a free 30 day trial here, https://new.abb.com/plc/control-panels/cp600/software that has a download link on it. I don't know if that is helpful to you or not.
If I wanted to say A-B I would have said A-B

But the only thing I can see from that link is:

Quote:
PB610 Panel Builder 600, V1.90.0.975 with support of new control panels CP651, CP661, CP665, CP676 for update of an elder version only
Summary: PB610 Panel Builder 600, V1.90.0.975 with support of new control panels CP651, CP661, CP665, CP676 for update of an elder version. This can be installed only, if an elder version of PB610 is already installed.
English - 2014-11-14 - 73,61 MB
Which makes it look like an update and not a full download. I don't really want to go to an ABB rep and say "Can I get a trial copy of your software suite so I can port an application to a competitor?"
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:44 AM   #6
beethoven_ii
United Kingdom

The software you need is part of their Automation Builder package. There appears to be a free version available to download as well as the option to purchase standard or premium licenses from here https://new.abb.com/plc/automationbu...tform/software
Old January 9th, 2019, 09:01 AM   #7
kallileo
Greece

ABB and many other companies (Festo, Carel) use Exor's HMI touchscreens.
ABB Panel Builder 600 is rebranded Exor HMI JMobile software.
You can download Exor's JMobile suite and open your ABB project in it.
The software can be run as trial version for 30 days.
Just provide the information needed in the link below and they will email you a download link.
http://www.jmobile.net/download_jmsuite.html
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:04 AM   #8
Ozpeter
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallileo View Post
ABB and many other companies (Festo, Carel) use Exor's HMI touchscreens.
ABB Panel Builder 600 is rebranded Exor HMI JMobile software.
You can download Exor's JMobile suite and open your ABB project in it.
The software can be run as trial version for 30 days.
Just provide the information needed in the link below and they will email you a download link.
http://www.jmobile.net/download_jmsuite.html
Thanks for that .. I'll take a look
Old January 10th, 2019, 05:08 PM   #9
jraef
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
If I wanted to say A-B I would have said A-B
You might be surprised at how many people think they are one and the same...

Al long time ago I worked for ABB and quoted a large WWTP drives project where I was the named supplier. After tracking the contract progression, I found out when the Electrical Contractor got his contract and called on him the next day to get my PO. He told me he had just giving the PO to "my guy" that morning, but I was the only "guy" for ABB at that time. Turned out it was an A-B salesman, who told him that it was a typo when it said "ABB, no equal"... I ultimately lost that battle with the Engineer, but that was the first time I heard the joke "Do you know what A-B stands for? Arrogant Bassturds..." (I had to misspell it to get it through the auto-sensor)
Old January 10th, 2019, 06:05 PM   #10
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Quite a lot of people mistake A-B for ABB, and in this case they both have an obsolete HMI product called "Panel Builder".

Good luck with your project !
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:35 AM   #11
beethoven_ii
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Quite a lot of people mistake A-B for ABB, and in this case they both have an obsolete HMI product called "Panel Builder".
I don't believe the ABB version is obsolete, it's just not a stand alone package.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum