Wago 750-881 + PowerFlex525?

somlioy

Hello

Got a Wago 750-881 which is Ethernet/IP capable. I'm trying to configure it as a master in order to control several AB PowerFlex 525 VFDs using Ethernet/IP.

Does anyone how I can do this? What library is appropriate for this application?

I'm not sure that can be done easily. I've always set up the Wago controllers to be read by an EIP master such as a ControLogix or an M340.

I did write a protocol to read tags from a ControLogix a while back which I suppose could be modified to read from your drive, it's a mess though and certainly not ready for deployment.

I know that there's a library called EML.lib which may be what you're looking for but I've never monkeyed with it.

If it's not too much of a problem I recommend looking into Modbus. Wago's got an excellent Modbus extension which makes programming Modbus devices a cinch.

Good luck,

Yosi

Yeah, that whats I've figured.

The EML.lib certainly looks like a possibility. Looks like they're using the same lib in that Sick IVC camera application aswell.

Just need to find the ethernet/ip objects/instaces for the AB PowerFlex 525.

Alright, I'm successfully getting data from the drive, but I'm not quite sure how to convert it to a "readable" digit. I'm currently just testing with the "commanded frequency" parameter readout.

In the data array I got the following when 30Hz is commanded:

.DATA[1] = 184
.DATA[2] = 11

50Hz:
.DATA[1] = 136
.DATA[2] = 19

67Hz:
.DATA[1] = 44
.DATA[2] = 26

The array is defined as following:
DATA: ARRAY [1..2000] OF BYTE;

What am I looking at?

you are looking at the frequency.

solution 11*256+184
or data[2]*256+data[1]
the other datas are for voltage amperage etc.