You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old March 22nd, 2017, 01:40 PM   #1
chapani
United Nations

Siemens S7 - 400 - Profinet Device name reset/assign automatically

Dear all,

Im having troubles finding a solution with Siemens Step 7 V5.5 and CPU CPU 416-3 DP + CP 443-1 for Profinet IO. Profinet IO devices are MOOG Servo valves. So I prepared the HW configuration with scalance switch X216 and on one port of the switch connected two valves in series, on another port of switch connected other two valves. Profinet device names were assigned to each valve from Hw config edit Ethernet node -> Assign device name. added topology with partner ports properly and everything downloaded to PLC and is working fine. If I change two Ethernet cables from Port 1 to Port 2 and vice versa of scalance going toward the valves it will detect a mismatch and need to be done factory reset from HW config for each single valve and then again need to assign profinet device name properly and everything working well. The thing is that I would like to do this automatically, and I donít find a way in PLC program by using some SFC or SFB or similar to be able to reset device node name, so I can assign new name to the device from PLC, or from Wincc via PLC. Is there any hint to doing that or is not possible at all with S7 Ė 400 CPU. I find it strange because same thing with allen Bradley and Ethernet IP, or Beckhoff and ethercat can be done very easily.

Thank you
Old March 22nd, 2017, 03:54 PM   #2
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

If you switch ports so that the topology do noit match, then yes the Profinet system fails. It is supposed to.
If you want to swap ports freely, then do not use topology.
Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:30 AM   #3
chapani
United Nations

Hi Jasper,

maybe I didnt explain my self good enough. Topology fails, but test is intended due to acutual application of valves, that should be intalled on the machine, lets simplify, machine has two modules, on each module are 2 valves. and there is a possibility to exchange the modules, so module number 1 can be placed on position of module number 2 and should behave and software for controlling will be of module number 2 in that moment, and vice versa for other module. Port 1 scalance cable is going always to physical position of module 1, and port 2 two physical position of module 2. If I do not save topology than by interchanging cables, (simulating exchange of position of modules) will not work, because module 1 will always be module 1, it doesn't matter where it is, but I want to avoid this, I need to get somehow reset and assign new profinet device name automatically or semi auto from PLC sw.

is that possible with S7 400 CPU? if not than I need to switch to Beckhoff or similar
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum