RSView Application Query

I have picked up a project that contains a pushbutton which runs the following command:

AppStart RadStationExec "Display $general\locate_screen$ /t{ComputerName}"

Can anyone explain to me what this is trying to do?

My best guess is that the command was designed to start the Rockwell Active Display (RAD) remote client program. Once RAD started, the command was written to open a display using the "general\locate_screen" placeholder, and then use the RSView /t switch to replace any individual tag placeholders (indicated by #1 or a similar number) on the screen with the "Computername" tag.

If you are having problems with the command, it may be because the "General\locate_screen" placeholder is not evaluating. This is because if a tag placeholder surrounded by dollar signs ($general\locate_screen$)is enclosed in double quotes (as is the case with your command) RSView does not substitute the tag value.

Hope this helps get you going

Rick

Last edited:
AppStart RadStationExec "Display $general\locate_screen$ /t{ComputerName}"

AppStart = Start this application

RadStationExec = This is a executable file application in RSView

Take a look at this tech note here it will explain better then I can

What part of the program is it in?

Edit: I was typing while Rick was posting, Rick has a better explanation, the tech note is good also

Last edited: