RSL5K Freezing

PLC Pie Guy

Hey All.

Weird Issue today. Never before have I had trouble with this particular PLC in the 3 years its been here. Regularly online with it. I have also been online with 3 other controllers in this facility today problem free. However, this one L45 in question is troublesome for some reason.

V20.13... Software opens fine and will go online as it would normally, it doesn't take long. Once online and the gears are turning, the trouble starts. It doesn't matter if I click to expand a tag or click to open a routine the software freezes. Completely . After several,, 10 mins or so, it will flicker and dance and get to the place where I wanted to go, maybe, or it will just sit there, no gears turning, partial window displayed here and a partial window displayed there, never crashing, never moving.

I have to ctrl + alt+ del to close it, reopens fine and same thing all over.. Every other .ACD file I open works perfectly and so did this one up to now.

Should mention that even resizing or closing the software while frozen doesn't work. only ctrl + alt + del.

What gives???

Any ideas???

I have done a complete shut down and re-power of the laptop.

Thanks

OK,,,, So I realize now that I created my own problems. I had just set up a produced tag of 6 DINTS to be consumed by the PLC in question. When I shut off that data transfer, I can be online with the PLC problem free. Now that data that I am consuming by this PLC is (was) produced every scan, no conditions. Now my question is, for something like 6 DINTS, what is the fastest intervals which I can do this without disrupting communications. This DATA in particular is not critical and need only update once a minute but..... what are my limits?

Thanks

Try 120 ms intervals and adjust from there.

If your scan time is ok you can also change the controller properties to shift more resources to the communications. We just finished setting up a system with 8 L16s produce/consuming encoder positions back to an L33, and we were having a LOT of problems with slowdowns, upload times, etc. Once we changed the controller from 20% comms 80% scan to 40% comms 60% scan, everything sped right back up.