Use Wildcards in RSLogix 5000

unsaint32

Anyone know how to un-dim the "Use Wildcards" box in RSLogix 5000's Find-function? The help file says "Use Wildcards appears dimmed if you have Differences, New Components, or Collisions selected in the Find What box." What?? Thanks.

5K Find.jpg

100 views and not one reply.... was this a bad question to ask, or nobody has an answer? The wildcard search function will really help my job but I just cannot find a way to un-dim that check box.

I wanted to use the wildcards function for searching certain tags.

Forgive me if I am misunderstanding what you're trying to do. It may be easier for you to just open the Controller tags...Double click the column name and it will sort the column alphabetically/numerically and in ascending, or descending order. Hope this was helpful.

I won't post the whole article (even though it's short) but here's a NOTE to it ... ...

The wildcard option only allows you to search through the controller organizer, not through tags within the project itself.

and it looks like this feature is only available from V24 and up ...

I just learned that the Wildcard function is only to be used in the controller organizer panel, not to search for tags.

We have a lot of UDT tags, like motor[1].output ~ motor[15].output.

Sometimes we use an integer tag to reference the member number, like motor[loop].output. But we still use specific numbers as well, like motor[4].output.

It would be great if there was a way to use a wildcard to find all the outputs, like motor[*].output.

Thanks for help.