How to use Logix 5000 SRT instruction

Samneggs

I'm trying to pick the highest of 4 values using the SRT instruction. The attached ladder works but seems somewhat cludgy. The done bit toggles every scan and initiates a sort. The sort array switches between the original values and the sorted values. (back and forth) I'd rather use the SRT instruction than other code since the number of values may rise substantially. The question - is this the correct useage of SRT?

Sam

srt.gif

Similar Topics

I recently did a program conversion from logix 500 to studio 5000 and when machine runs it depends on two ton instructions to keep the machine in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to read a barcode scanner input using a cognex dataman 280 barcode reader, store it another string, the compare with another...
Replies
Views
Hello. Why is my RSLogix 5000 start in grace period mode, even though I have a valid license? I also think I have a decently recent FT Activation...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, in the alarm manager of Rslogix 5000, the tag-based alarm has been created. But when I tried to change the condition, it was found the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom