How to connect to SLC5/05 processor

lostpatrol1

Hello all,
I have a SLC5/05 (Ethernet connection) and I need to connect to the processor w/ RSLogix500. I have the SLC 5/05 IP address. What settings I need to set on RSLogix 500 to connect to the SLC 5/05?

Thannks.

Make sure that you installed RSLinx Lite when you installed RSLogix. If not, you will need to grab your Logix CD and install it. Once you have RSLinx Lite installed, go in and configure the Ethernet Devices driver with the IP of your 5/05. You should then be able to go online with the processor.

HTH.
Jeff

None.

It's RSLinx you need to configure.

In the RSLinx menu, select Communications | Drivers.

Select Ethernet devices and Add New. Name the driver what you want (the default is OK)

Enter the IP address of the SLC, and give that address a "Station Nunber". This station number just allows the ethernet driver (which could have 256 different addresses, or more) to give the same sort of "node number" look and feel as the DH+ or DH-485 driver. The node number will only apply to that copy of RSLinks.

Once the driver is OK'ed, go to Communications | RSWho. Unroll the driver, and you should see the SLC. At this point you are ready for RSLogix.

A not of caution: If the SLC is brand new and hasn't had it's IP address assigned yet, this will not work. You have to download the assignment to the SLC via the DF1 port first (and disable BootP). Only then will you have a hard IP address that you can find with RSLinx.