Simatic Logon

Michael Hunt

Hi guys

We are using Simatic Logon and Wincc Flexible. We are trying to setup simatic logon to work with domain security but have hit a wall.

The problem seems to be if a user is a member of a large number of groups on the domain. (I work in a large company and a user could be in as much as 20 domain groups). When we try to logon it seems to get stuck in a loop as it goes to each of these groups looking for its rights to be authenticated.

Has anyone managed to get Simatic logon to work with domain security and Wincc Flexible.

We were told by Siemens that this product could do this but they are now telling us that it is a problem that they are aware of. They have released an upgrade for Simatic Logon but this did not work.

Similar Topics

Dear Support, I am working on a new WinCC Professional V15.1 project. My customer wants to use active directory with my application. I understand...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am setting up SIMATIC Logon for a customer and i have successfully installed SIMATIC Logon on my PC. I have also set up the necessary...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I am looking to install SIMATIC Logon for a customer in the next few weeks. I have the manual and I have read it but I do not find it...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a question regarding the usage of Simatic Logon and existing applications. I have boughts Simatic Logon to allow AD user...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone I would like to know if anyone has used this product and if it is worth purchasing.I work in a plant that has just been upgraded...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom