Importing/Exporting Programs vs Copy/Paste - Pros and Cons

Face7987

What would be the Pros and Cons for Importing/Exporting or Copy/Paste a Program in RSLogix 5000? Are there times when it would benefit one to do it one way vs the other?

Importing / Exporting brings that tags in with it which can be a pro and a con depending on how you look at it. Importing brings in all the associated UDT's and data types.

Copying and pasting is just the logic without any of the data behind it. So all the tags need to be created, etc etc.

Typically, I import and if the tag name is different but utilizes the same logic, I just edit the tag that way it will change it in all areas it is used.

Curious to see everyone elses response.

Similar Topics

Quick question for those in the know... I'm a machine builder, haven't used GE PLC's in ages, still have Cimplicity Machine Edition - no real...
Replies
Views
As the title says, I'm trying to figure out a way to import and export recipe files from an external CF card to a USB drive and vice versa. I've...
Replies
Views
I am working on trying to send and receive lists of BadgeIDs and User Access levels from a windows application to my system. My current theory is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am trying to export some add on instructions & sub routines and import them into a program that is in Rslogix 5000 v20. The program...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I'm working on a project along with a manufacturer. We are both working on a project , and I'm integrating an existing portion...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom