Compact Flash HMI/PC

Sphinxj

So I am having a little trouble with my compact flash card. Here are the specs:

Kingston Technology CF/4GB
Adaptor - Transcend

I have partitioned the 4GB CF card down to 512MB using EaseUS Partioning Software. I initially formatted it as FAT32, and then formatted it to FAT16.

The card is readable on the Panelview 1000 and I can save the PVA file to the card. It then shows me that it is there. I even saved it several times, and each time it adds it to the card with a three digit counter to the end of the file name, i.e. 000, 001, 002, etc.

Now here is where I am having issues. When I plug it into my computer, the card shows empty. I put a couple different PVA files on the card to see if the Panelview can see the files. The Panelview shows me the files that came from the machine, but not the ones that I put on there from my computer.

So to sum it up. The Panelview can see the files it put on, the computer can see the files it put on, but neither can see the others files.

Any ideas?? :oops:

Your computer and the PanelView Standard must be detecting the different partitions.

The PanelView Standard is the limiting factor; it can only use FAT16 partitions.

Not sure what else to say... I've always used flash cards 2 GB and under with those terminals so that I could format them for FAT16.

Well there are two partitions on the card. One is set to FAT16, and the other is unspecified (not formatted). So I doubt either can see that partition.

I did try to see if anything was on that partition for some weird reason, but nothing is on there.

Again, this is an odd one. I can see something on the card through the PV, but I can't see that same file on the computer...