New to Siemens

Iangwf

Hi all
I've been sent a a Siemens MMC memory card from Germany for a S7-315-2DP CPU complete with code as backup for one of machines on site.

Is it possible to back up the MMC card with a field PG laptop (V11) so the files can be saved on a server.

I'd like to make a backup of the MMC memory card and place the file/files in our site backup register.

Can someone please help me with a step by step procedure on how to backup the MCC card using a Siemens Feild PG laptop.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can just stick it in a card reader and copy the contents.
There are utilities you can use to make a disk image of the card too like HDDRawcopy
The real challenge is actually getting hold of a MMC card.

Last edited:
Hi Geoff
Thanks for the reply.
I was a bit lucky that I was able to get a card complete with code from the OEM in Germany.
I wasn't sure if there was any hidden files in the root directory of the card that could not be copied by windows on the Field PG.
I'll give it a go tomorrow with our Field PG MMC carder & let you know how I get on.
Cheers

If you insert a Siemens MMC card in a regular flash card reader, there is the risk that Windows will misinterpret the existing formatting, thinking it is non-formatted and suggest to format the card.
Based on which Field PG you have it may have a special MMC prommer, but it may only be a regular flash card reader.
Unless you are sure, dont insert the MMC card in any flash card reader.
What is the exact type no of the Field PG ?

Do you have TIA V11 ? Do you have STEP7 Classic V5 on the field PG ?

Hi JasperMP

The field PG has the following on the bottom it:
M3
6ES7715-1BB23-0AE2
F-NR. SVPC4855497
Contains FCC TX ID
PD9622ANH and IC: 1000M-622ANH
Contains D40 AM5:
US: AGSMD01BDELPHI and IC: 4005B-DELPHI

It has the following Siemens software installed: Simatic Manager (V5.5+SP1) and TIA (V11).

I've been told that the small card slot on the right hand side of the laptop is for MMC cards and the left hand slot is for regular SD cards.

When the MMC card is inserted into the MMC slot on the PG, Simatic manger can open the MMC card, not sure if the contents can be saved into a regular file from here or not. (See attached screen shot)
When the MMC card is inserted into the PG SD slot windows cannot see the card.

Screen Shot MMC Card Open .jpg