Using RSlogix 5000 Emulate with Compac Logix program

saldios

I have an existing Compac Logix program and I would like to run it using the RSlogix 5000 Emulator. is it Possible can some bocy give me directions?

Yes its possible. But unfortunately when you emulate a CompactLogix, it converts it to an emulated ControlLogix. What this means is that you have to delete your CompactLogix I/O from the project.

Jkerekes,
does it means I need to create all my tags but now in the Control logix platform right?.
I sow that, and I was trying to find a way to get around it.
thanks a lot any way.
but I have seen in this forums a different answer from another member to the same question (not my inquiry) made from somebody else.
the answer says as follows: I just tuck a compaq logix program from a machine that is running and just change the processor to the emulator and it runs just fine. I don't understand how he could do that.

Basically you need to change your CPU type to a Emulate 5000 Series Controller
Go to your controller properties for this.

Make sure you note your Slot Number and Revision (Slot Numbe is virtual). When I do this; I normally save this project with a different name and keep my original project intact elsewhere.

Once you now have an emulate 5000 controller- check you can compile your project- you may have to delete certain other IO Modules (and all affected tags) to get a compile.

Once complete you need to set up your emulator, so open 5000 Emulate from the start menu and set up your virtual chasis, make sure the CPU slot and revision match exactly to your controller.

Next- leave your emulator open and open RSLinx Classic. Here you need a new driver via the 'virtual chasis', once created you should be able to open your virtual chasis tree.

From your RSLogix/Studio5000 Project you can now navigate to the controller via RSWho, download your project and you should be good to go, the real life hardware switches (run, remote and prog for example) are controlled directly via the emulate

If you want this program converted- please feel free to upload and I will change it for you.

Regards

Daniel