RSView32 Starting Multiple Data Logging Files

smohamed

Hey everyone,

I'm using RSView32 Works, version 7.50 and I have currently setup a few Data Logs to run. However, through the Startup (under the System Tree) you can only specify one to run at start-up. Does anyone know a way (maybe scripting) to get them all to start at the same time? The only way I can start them is to manually Run them at runtime.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Instead of the RSview Data Log (designed to create only one log file), I use the Events function ("Logic & Control", "Events" menu) to set up as many log files as needed. These files are usually the CSV type (Comma-Separated Values)that can be read externally with a spreadsheet program. The Event function uses a Visual Basic file that you create, which contains the tags to be monitored.

Awesome.

I tried that (with the simulation I am running here) and it seems to work. Quite clean too.

If I don't program a shutdown macro to stop logging, I assume it will log the data even if RSView32 is not running?

Thanks again for your help.

Awesome.

I tried that (with the simulation I am running here) and it seems to work. Quite clean too.

If I don't program a shutdown macro to stop logging, I assume it will log the data even if RSView32 is not running?

Thanks again for your help.

I see through the RSView32 User manual that:
When a project stops, all data log models automatically stop as well.
To stop data logging without stopping the project, use any of the​
methods described next.

I also saw the DataLogOn command you guys were speaking of... right on the last page. Thanks again for your help!