Red Lion Crimson - Program Translate

KerryP

I have G3 Kadet that needs to navigate to a specific screen when the PLC tells it to do so. I wrote a short program -

[FONT=&quot]while (true){
Sleep(500);
if( Assembly_DS.ScreenControl == 1)
GotoPage(Red_Rabbit_Alert);
}

On the Global Actions page I put the name of the program into the On Startup field. I also tried putting it in the On Power Up field.

I am displaying the value of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Assembly_DS.ScreenControl on a display page and I can see the value change from 0 to 1 in the PLC.

My question has to do with translation. When I translate the program, the diamond/square icon for the program goes from yellow to gray and not green. The translator does not throw any warnings or errors. I have not found a reference that explains the meaning of the gray program icon.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.[/FONT]

With your program selected, click the "Properties" tab. This will be right above the "Data Types" and the "Program Code" sections and beside the "Source" button. Under there, check the execution task drop down. You most likely have it set up as a background task, and not "Same as Caller". Looking at your program you most likely want it to be background, so that's good. Just for fun, try changing it around and watch the color change. Just make sure that you don't have any other tasks running in that same background task or they will never get called (as this one never complete because of the "While" loop).

You might want to consider using a tag trigger to do this. Delete/deactivate your program, then go to the Triggers tab for the [FONT=&quot]Assembly_DS.ScreenControl tag. Set up an Active On trigger [FONT=&quot]with [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]GotoPage(Red_Rabbit_Alert) as the Action. This will continual[FONT=&quot]ly monitor the state of the tag and change pages[FONT=&quot] without any extra programming.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]