Homework on RS LOGIX 500

I was gonna wait for someone to reply and show them what I was looking for because the lab specifications are in a 120 page manual and I didn't want to post the whole thing right in the forum because I only need help on like 4 of them not all 20. That being said, the link below has all the labs on it but I really need help with Labs 20-23

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/Programmable%20Controllers%20Lab%20Manual.pdf

Well, LAB 20 has to do with sequencers. I thought i had it set up right but the cylinders fire all at once and not sequentially.

Part 1: Write a program using the start and stop switch to test all 5 cylinders using
indirect addressing. The cylinders must fire in sequence with cylinder 1 activated first and
each activated for one second. The sequence will continue until the stop switch is pressed.
All cylinders must be off when the system is off. Make the program as efficient as possible.

Part 2: Modify your program from Part 1 to add a time change option using the move
instruction. Use the reset button to change the time that each cylinder is activated. The
first (default) time should be one second on. After the reset switch is pressed once, the time
activated should change to 2 seconds on. The time on should continue to alternate between
one second on and two seconds on as the reset button is pressed. Make the program as
efficient as possible.

Part 3: Modify the program again to add a third time activated. Now when the reset
switch is pressed a second time, the time activated should change to 4 seconds on. When
the reset switch is pressed a third time, the time should return to the default setting and
the sequence should be able to be repeated. Make the program as efficient as possible.

This is what it states.

The link I put is not on my hard drive. Its just a link with what each lab consists of.

Unfortunately it IS on your hard drive and no one of us can see it. If you noticed some of the guys started to be ironic and with the way you provide information they will continue ( me also). If you want some help, start with what you need. You have some task, so describe the task, and also you'd better show what you did already by yourself (otherwise no one will do the job instead of you, unless you pay enough).

Edit: Ok, the guys were faster than me, but anyway, you need to make some effort first by yourself.

Well, LAB 20 has to do with sequencers. I thought i had it set up right but the cylinders fire all at once and not sequentially.

Part 1: Write a program using the start and stop switch to test all 5 cylinders using
indirect addressing. The cylinders must fire in sequence with cylinder 1 activated first and
each activated for one second. The sequence will continue until the stop switch is pressed.
All cylinders must be off when the system is off. Make the program as efficient as possible.

Part 2: Modify your program from Part 1 to add a time change option using the move
instruction. Use the reset button to change the time that each cylinder is activated. The
first (default) time should be one second on. After the reset switch is pressed once, the time
activated should change to 2 seconds on. The time on should continue to alternate between
one second on and two seconds on as the reset button is pressed. Make the program as
efficient as possible.

Part 3: Modify the program again to add a third time activated. Now when the reset
switch is pressed a second time, the time activated should change to 4 seconds on. When
the reset switch is pressed a third time, the time should return to the default setting and
the sequence should be able to be repeated. Make the program as efficient as possible.

This is what it states.

Look, no one is going to do your homework for you. Yes, you stated that you need help with 3 or 4 of them, but then did not give any specific doubt or at the very least a display that you've thought about how to solve the problem and are stuck in something. You just pasted the exercise here...

So, my advice, try to solve it by yourself and explain where you are getting stopped and ask for advice. Also screenshots of what you done or a good detailed explanation is halfway into getting an answer.

I'll start of being nice. Not helpful, just nice.

Part 1: Write a program using the start and stop switch to test all 5 cylinders using indirect addressing. The cylinders must fire in sequence with cylinder 1 activated first and each activated for one second. The sequence will continue until the stop switch is pressed. All cylinders must be off when the system is off. Make the program as efficient as possible.

My first question to you is: Do you know how to use indirect addressing?

Second (related) question: What are the addresses of the cylinders?

Here's a test question for you: Designate an internal B3 bit to represent "Sequence Is Running". Using the criteria from your homework ("((implied))The start switch starts the sequence" and "The sequence will continue until the stop switch is pressed", produce a single rung of logic that does this.

Do all three of these things, and we can move onto the next steps.

Good luck!