WinCC Password Protection

Tomo453

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello, I am trying to password protect a button on an HMI running WinCC v7.2. I also would like to password protect some data fields on the same page (.pdl) When I go to the button's properties I click on "Authorizations" and choose User Administration in the drop down list, but I do not get a pop-up allowing me to enter a user and/or a password. Does the Runtime need to be suspended or stopped to make this change and is this even possible? I would also like to password protect some data fields as well. Thanks for your thoughts and input.

Have you allready user and password configured before you try to config authorizations to objects?

You need first create users on project.

Have you allready user and password configured before you try to config authorizations to objects?

You need first create users on project.

Yes I have Users with passwords in the User Administration. Howerver, they are in one group with different permissions. I need this button and several data fields to be changeable by a Supervisor and not the operators.

In WinCC 7.x there is no login dialog automatically popping up like in WinCC Basic/Comfort/Advanced HMIs. You have to create a button or area where the user has to click onto and show dialog for yourself. May be it depends in the version, but I remember at least a pop up is shown with a message like "you don't have the permission", if the user wants to enter a value where he has no permission to edit.