You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old January 12th, 2018, 03:37 PM   #1
TheNewPLCGUY
Canada

Display Production data on Television

Hello I am working on a project and we have 4 assembly lines.Each line having a seperate S7-400 PLC.I want to show production data on the television.Can anyone give me some insights on this.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:56 PM   #2
robw53
United Kingdom

Hi,

This answer is a Rockwell orientated answer, but it may be something that Siemens can also offer in there software offering.

I did the same thing using a small form factor PC, and factory talk view ME station. This basically game me a HMI on a TV. I then created a HMI application with a custom Resolution that matched the TV.

Rob

"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Albert Einstein
Old January 12th, 2018, 03:57 PM   #3
Bullzi
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Check out the Red Lion ProducTVity Station. It will output to a TV screen.
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:03 PM   #4
harryting
United States

There are tons of way to do this. What's your experience, budget, and requirement? That will narrow your search down.

Just to throw some out there...

- Raspberry PI

- commercial HMI package running on PC.

- LED message display board (I know, not TV but maybe better suited)
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:40 PM   #5
Helliana
United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by robw53 View Post
Hi,

This answer is a Rockwell orientated answer, but it may be something that Siemens can also offer in there software offering.

I did the same thing using a small form factor PC, and factory talk view ME station. This basically game me a HMI on a TV. I then created a HMI application with a custom Resolution that matched the TV.

Rob
I have done the same and it does work well. However, I recently purchased a Redlion ProducTVity station and really like it. It seems to be easy to setup and offers a lot of extra features besides just the display. Plus, by the time you buy the PC and the licenses for windows and the hmi software, it comes out to about the same price and you don't have a PC to maintain.
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:02 AM   #6
robw53
United Kingdom

Do you know of any good source of info that shows how these are setup? Video's PDF's etc?

I might have to have a look into these.

"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Albert Einstein
Old January 13th, 2018, 01:00 PM   #7
BITS N BYTES
United States

Weintek also has an interesting product for this application. Have't used it as yet.
http://www.weintekusa.com/globalw/Pr...oduct_mTV.aspx
Old January 13th, 2018, 02:41 PM   #8
Bullzi
United States

Quote:
Do you know of any good source of info that shows how these are setup? Video's PDF's etc?

I might have to have a look into these.
Are you talking about the ProduTVity Station? IF so you can find a lot on info on the Red Lion Web Site. It is programmed using the Crimson 3.0 Software which is a free download from the Red Lion Site.
Old January 13th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #9
makr8100
United States

IMHO a nice solution would be Modbus to a Raspberry Pi, or something of the like. The Pi can run Win 10 and HDMI, so whatever your preferred HMI development environment is there's a way to get it on a large screen.
Old January 15th, 2018, 02:06 AM   #10
cardosocea
United Kingdom

Most PC's can output to a TV... one of the last projects I worked on, the overview page of the SCADA was so large that we used a TV instead to display it for the entire control room.

The issue will be on the budget side of things as you would generally need some sort of SCADA software to run on a PC for this.
Old January 15th, 2018, 03:14 AM   #11
ggc
Australia

Haven't used them myself, but the Insevis software will integrate easily with a Siemens system, and the price is right.
http://www.insevis.com/products/software/
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum