You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old October 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #1
calla
Canada

Scalling AB IFE series C analog input card

I don't a lot of experience analog cards. This IFE analog input card has a spare channel I'd like to use. Today I used a 4-20mA signal from a level transmitter into the spare channel. The 4-20mA signal represents 0-100%. When I wired it to the analog in I had to play with the scaling the get the signal to match the digital display from the level transmitter. I had to set the raw scaliing min/max to 0-260 and it worked. Initially I thought I would just set the scaling to 0-100. Any thoughts?
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #2
calla
Canada

Red face Help Anyone?

The 4-20mA signal is provided from a Endress & Hauser FMU 860 level transmitter. Why can't I just set the input scaling to 0-100 for 0-100%?
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #3
GMc
United States

calla,

See if this thread helps you..

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=15069

Gary
Old October 25th, 2005, 02:27 AM   #4
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

The first tool in your box for this is the User Manual:

http://literature.rockwellautomation...m663_-en-p.pdf

Remember that the 1771-IFE is an ancient but durable design that comes from the PLC-2 days, so it has some quirks left over. The most significant of those is that the scaling factors must be entered in BCD format, even if you are using 2's Complement Binary as the data format. If you are using scaling on one channel, you have to use scaling on all channels and send the full-size 37 word long configuration block.

Are you setting up the scaling in an RSLogix 5 wizard, or manually in the Block Transfer Write data source block?
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum