connecting six S7 via DP

donald_soft

Hi

We have six S7 300 plc that work separately "e.g.
plc-1 and plc-2 and plc-3 and plc-4 and plc-5 and
plc-6"

six plc work separately and they aren't link ogether.
For connecting plcs together and to three wincc
station what should I do ?
I want to know ,should I configure a new project
including six simatic station 300 ?
Means i must create a new project for example "total"
and configure six simatic station 300 according to
stations that have been configured In six separate
projects ? and then configure all CPUs as DP-Master
with bus profile "Standard".in Net pro of total
project
we will see all cpus that connected to profibus DP sub
net.
if i configure in each plc,its CPU as DP-Master with
bus profile "Standard"without define new project
"total" means in Netpro only one cpu is appeared ,will
be ok ?
If one cpu in network go to fault ,we would have fault
In all cpu ?

If we want to have 3 station as wincc Hmi , can I use
from cp5611 ?

Best regads
soft

Hi Donald.

It will probably be the easiest for you to integrate everything in one project. That is, the 6 S7-300 CPUs and the 3 WIN CC stations is included in the same project.
You can also make it as separate projects, but in your case integrating them into one will be simpler.

You can setup all the S7-300 CPUs as well as the WIN CC stations as Profibus masters. It is probably the most "normal" configuration anyway.

If one CPU faults it will not affect the other CPUs (unless of course there is some kind of critical interlock with the faulted CPU).

CP5611 is quite OK to use as network card for WIN CC.
I have used CP5611 many times with various HMI programs.

Hi
Thanks Dear jesper. could you please help me on following question ?
1-what is type of wincc station ? ( PG/PC or Other station )
2-how can I define wincc station as DP master ? (excuse me for this question )
3-All cpus have configured previously and each cpu has one siemens OP170B which have configured with protool and I don’t have source file of them.
now I want monitor them with wincc .I want to do this with least changes , so I think separately configuration is better for me (is it OK ? )

4- for separately configuration should I configure three wincc station in each plc ? means I will see three wincc station in each Netpro ?
5-is source file of OP170B require after change and downloading new project ?
thanks again by
donald

Hi donald_soft.

some of my answers are a little bit vague. This because I mainly have experience with Protool and WIN CC Flexible, not the regular WIN CC.

1.: WIN CC is a "Simatic HMI station". It should be present in the dialog for adding stations in STEP7.

2.: Not sure how this happens. It could be that you have to Add a CP5611 to the HMI station configured in STEP7, and then setup the parameters from the Hardware Config in STEP7 or NetPro.

3. and 5.: If the OP170B panels are connected to the MPI ports and the WIN CC stations are connected via the DP ports, then you can ignore the OP170Bs. They dont have to be included in the integrated project.
If on the other hand, the OP170Bs are also conncted to the DP ports, then there are two angles of attack.
- you can include "dummy" OP170B projects to the integrated project (easiest).
- or you can make separate projects and then carefully take all bus parameters into account (most difficult).

4. You are suggesting to have 6 separate projects, each with 1 S7-300 and 3 WIN CC projects. Hmmm... it sounds confusing. You should choose to either integrate everything, or integrate nothing.

Hi
thanks for your help. i have s7 315-2Dp and 316-2Dp and op170b connect to plc via MPI and DP is free and there is not CP
excuse me i didn't explain my qustions .there is simatin manager "simatic pc station" that i can insert cp5611 via HWconfig on it and define as dp master ,and there is other station that can not insert cp5611 on it .when i configure cp5611 via HWconfig in simatic pc station and define as dp master there is in DP mode "dpv0-compatible and dpv1 " which one must be selected ?
can i used pg/pc instead of simatic pc station when i used one hmi station ?
should i connect profibus cable according to following fig ?
plc1<=>plc2<>plc3<=>plc4<=>plc5<=>plc6<=>hmi1<=>hmi2<=>hmi3
best regards

soft

Hi donald_soft.

Not sure why you cannot insert a CP5611 in the second workstation.

DPV0 or DPV1 is irrelevant, as you are only using master to master communication.

I think that if WIN CC is integrated in STEP7, then you should be able to add a Simatic HMI station of the type WIN CC to the project.
I know for Protool and WIN CC Flexible that they can work in either standalone or integrated mode. I think that the same must apply to WIN CC.
If you can add a WIN CC station (or several) in integrated mode, then setting up the network will be much easier (you will not have to figure out most things by yourself).

You can connect the Profibus cable as proposed. Just make sure that it is terminated in both ends.

After a little thinking, I have come to the conclusion that you need a sample project to work out from.

You just need a project with two S7-315 + two WIN CC stations and a few tags configured. If you can load that, you can build your final application a lot faster without having to figure out everything yourself.

I cannot help you with this as I dont have WIN CC.
Ask Siemens, or maybe there is another forum member that can help out ?