RSView ME Tag Browser

RBergmann

My system is a PV1000 Plus with SLC 5/05. Using RSView ME V4.00 (CPR 7)and RSLogix 500. Similar hardware configuration to other projects I have worked on using the same software.

I export tags from RSLogix 500 to an .EAS file for import to RSView. Tags show up when I click HMI Tags->Tags in the RSView Explorer window (side bar). So far so good, this still works.

In RSView, until recently, when I clicked on an object's Properties->Connections->Tag (...), I would get a screen to select the tag I needed. Just as I'm supposed to.

HOWEVER, now when I click Properties->Connections->Tag (...), the program appears to be searching and then locks up and I can only exit using the three finger salute (Ctl-Alt-Del). I've reinstalled all components in RSView.

I should mention that I renamed my computer since the last time I used RSView and the name was problematic for a while, but this never prohibited me from using the program and only caused an issue when I tried to download the project. After correcting the naming issue (found a solution on-line), is when the Tag Browser issue arose. All other functions work as before.

Any ideas?

This sounds like a recent thread in which the cause ended up being the use of dual monitors and the tag browser was appearing in the other monitor (which was not connected at the time the problem occurred)...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=52101&highlight=dual
Thanks, OkiePC ...

That nailed it. I often use two monitors. I thought that I had moved all screens to the laptop before reconfiguring as a single monitor. I never ceased to be amazed at the expertise available on this site.

Oops. Apparently this is only part of my problem. Upon boot-up, I am getting the following two error messages:

"Failed to connect to browser servicde for OPC server //$Local/<project name>: <project name> (result=80004005.)"

"Failed to get names from the OPC server //$Local/<project name>:RSLinx Enterprise (result=80010105)."

Last edited: