Network Powerflex drives

pvilhauer

Hi I am looking to network all of our Powerflex drives. I have a couple questions can I download all of the parameters from a saved file to a replaced drive if I just swap the network card since IP address will be the same. Also does anybody have any experience setting up a 22-XCOMM-DC-BASE with an 22-COMM-E card. I can set the IP address with BOOTP but can not seem to get it to take the IP address keep getting an error when I try to disable BOOTP. Even with the temporary IP address I can not get it to connect to the drive. If anybody can give me a point in better direction that I am currently on I would appreciate it. I am trying it out on a single powerflex 4 first. The switch is in single drive mode since I am only trying it on one drive first. The reason we want to network all our drives are that not everyone I work with is very familiar with programming drives. Rather than having them struggle we have a company we call for troubleshooting managing our programs and drive parameters for our 755s. But we also want to include our smaller drives also like our 4s, 40s, and 400s. Issue is when I work I am only allowed to call for machine issues when a machine is down. I can not just call to ask a question. But we do have some machines that if we have to change a drives currently that they installed that they can reprogram it over ethernet. We want to do this for all of our drives and also so we can get alerts and notifications of faults.

Thanks in advance.