Conveyor control project- please advice

backendcode

Hello Everyone,
I am working on a project to control the conveyor at my work. This is my first hands-on experience on PLC project. Please look into my PLC program and let me know if this program will work because I don't have a real processor to test it. Anyways I am going to explain the project summary and will provide the link to my PLC program.

Project Detail:-

The conveyor Line doesn't have any HMI, there are only e-stop, line 1 start indicator, line 1 stop indicator on the control panel. Before line starts working, I want to make sure e-stop is not pressed, line 1 button is pressed by the operator. I made a system run routine and link is below

https://ibb.co/gqsM1v

There are 6 conveyors attached to each other, there is one proximity sensor at the beginning of each conveyor and each conveyor is controlled by an individual motor. When the operator will put the part on the first conveyor and make sure the part is on top of the proximity sensor, and it will turn on the motor to move the part to the second conveyor and so on but before conveyor start moving the part, make sure there is no part on the next conveyor. and same logic will apply to rest of the following conveyors.

Here is the link to my PLC code for that logic

https://ibb.co/is3x8a

I just took screen shot of first 3 conveyor control and same logic till conveyor 6

Now the last conveyor is the conveyor where another work will take off the part. Now conveyor 6 will have two proximity sensor, one is at the beginning of the conveyor and one at the end of the conveyor where the part will stop at the end of the line and work will take off that part to skid.

So there will be push button close to that worker and when part will at the beginning proximity sensor of conveyor 6, and no part at the end proximity sensor of conveyor 6, worker will push the button and part will move from beginning of conveyor to end of conveyor and he/she will pick up the part and off load from conveyor.

here is the logic of that code. please follow the link below

https://ibb.co/mp10Ta

Thank you so much for reading this, Please let me know if this code will work or how can I make it better if possible.

Thanks

It sounds simple and it looks as though you have the programming figured out.
But, I do see a problem if I understand your concept correctly.

How will the conveyor transfer a part from one conveyor to the other if the stop sensor is on? o_O;)

Also, a bit of advice if you care for it. Relying on a human to place something onto another surface without any physical constraints to where their something should be placed is going to make people tape washers to your "start prox sensors" and cardboard to all the "stop sensors" except for the last one.

Study what the sole purpose of the conveyor is and how to efficiently do that purpose.

For all intents and purposes, you could do this with one sensor and parts all travel till one hits that one stop sensor. But, you end up with a lot of unused conveyor.

Seems as if it should #1 LOAD parts into the QUEUE and then #6 OFFLOAD on demand. Think about it. ;) đź““